New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nag uzi uzi ako sa kia branch jan sa frontera about 2weeks back..tinanong ko ang lady sales rep anong feedback ng sales nila ng sorento at sportage..ok naman daw."in fact i managed to get the nod of one company ordering 3units for EX model"..me pahabol pa sya..the company choice narrowed between Fortuner daw and Sorento..tanong ko bakit Sorento kinuha..sabi reliability issue ang pinakamatinding rason..
    after sometime she offered the unit for a test drive..sabi ko di kasi ako sanay sa automatic..hehe..sabi nya i can arrange a driver for you para lang mafeel mo ang riding comfort ng sorento..sabi ko na feel ko nayan kasi bossing ko sorento din ang ride..then we discussed papano ang pricing nila, are they accepting trade ins, availability nong unit..upgraded version n daw yong EX nila..i dont know really what are the upgrades..pero laway na laway nko magka SUV sa totoo lang hehehe..we parted ways with the promise of more good things to come..paguwi ko ng bahay sabi ni commander.."bakit ka mag kikia..?..di naman kilala yan nooh.."
    ..pero pag makaipon talga ako seseryosohin kotong Sorento..!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The upgrades include the restyled front and rear fascia [with projector headlamps], restyled 16" alloy wheels, upgraded interior trim, and [haven't test driven this yet] an upgraded front suspension for better handling.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    mga bossing.....ano fuel consumption ng dalawa?
    my friends kia 2.5 CRDI 6-8km/l (city/hw)

and his fort 3.0 4x4 9-12 km/l (city/hw)

my fort 2.7 VVTi 4.8-10 km/l (city/hw)..lakas no???

..sorento or fortuner is a good choice.. wag lang yung fort 2.5 D4D... they both look enticing, mas mataas lang ang fort.. the 3rd row seat are both cramped...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's amazingly low for a 3.0 Fort.

When we borrowed the Fort:

5-7 km/l - City, good driving.

10 km/l - Highway, regular driving/conservative driving.

5 km/l - Highway/Hataw

Yes, you can get 12 km/l on the highway, but it needs to be a long, empty stretch like the NLEX.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ang daming SORENTO dito sa cebu, mas marami pa ata ang sorento compared to fortuner. kahit saan ka mag punta may sorento kang makikita. kaya nga kia cebu got the 2006 kia dealer of the year dahil sa kanilang surging sales at superb marketing strategy!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post
    ang daming SORENTO dito sa cebu, mas marami pa ata ang sorento compared to fortuner. kahit saan ka mag punta may sorento kang makikita. kaya nga kia cebu got the 2006 kia dealer of the year dahil sa kanilang surging sales at superb marketing strategy!
    Seems like Cebuanos are more car-savvy than Manilenos.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    hi everyone ,im new here,, i own a sorrento 2004 mdl directly from korea,, and all i can say is no regrets even if its second hand.. its the best diesel powered vehicle iv driven, our other car is a terrano, fuego 2.8 at, and 2003 strada at... and none could perform or ride like the sorrento...especially its manumatic the best for over taking. and being a korean unit its got all the gadgets most of us havent heard of before,,, like automatic headlights, auto wiper,,, sun roof, audio control on the steering wheel and an auto dimming center rear view mirror,,,,and guess what a 3rd row tumble seat,,,,,ive tried its 4wd capability and it is far better than our strada way better, though its tire and ground clearance is its biggest down side. all in all it may look like its bulky from the outside but once youve turn the steering wheel its so light and precise, it realy feels like driving a car ,certainly not like the fuego's steering wheel wich feels as if its not connected to the front wheels,,, if only the fortuner, altera,and everest, could be this good, but since all 3 are compromised by sharing a chassis with thier smaller brother pick-ups you would actually be driving a hyped up 4wd utility people carrier and not a luxery sports utility as their leather seats and high prices would suggest... and i would dare ask do we really need leather seats in a country like ours ofcourse youl never know the answer unless you drive it with out the a/c on

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    and i would dare ask do we really need leather seats in a country like ours ofcourse youl never know the answer unless you drive it with out the a/c on
    If you can do away with the scorching heat especially this summer, why not ? Hehe, even me, in terms of comfort, I still would go for the fabric. You can always wash it or have it detailed. For 2 years already, its still looks clean, the secret, well once a month, cleaning/vacuuming by myself ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Btw, I am a Cebuano, Car-savvy pala ako.. hehehe !!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
    Well, one more shocking story why I prefer SORENTO than the FORTUNER Saan ang prestige na sinasabi nila with TOYOTA Fortuner? Mabuti pa ang honda ESI AT ko almost 100K na di pa ako itinirik at mura pa sya compare sa 1.5Million na Fortuner 3.0

Originally Posted by larshell
    I share ko lang, just awhile ago ex Mayor Tinoy Blanco of Meycauayan Bulacan make a stop at my place wd his Fortuner White 3.0 4x4 wd hoodscoop.Syempre kwentuhan, sabi ko mayor ganda po ng Fortuner nyo He replied gusto mo? binebenta ko nga e.
    Sabi ko naman bakit po? Mayor: Itinirik ako nito pa puntang pangasinan.
    May Fishpond sya sa pangasinan twice a week daw sya nagpuounta dun.
    Sabi rin nya bagong repair ito galing ng casa pinakita pa nga yong resibo same wd my resibo white bond paper amounting to 113,000 plus palit di lahat ng CRDi system.
    Mileage nya 26k na going 27k.
    Now that's a real shame. Toyota should fix this problem na otherwise it will bite them in the a*s one day. Buti na lang gas yung innova namin.

As for me, I like the sorento but I need a 7-seater. So, I'll just get me one of those Santa Fe's instead of the fortuner.

Quote Originally Posted by freespin View Post

Bay, I grew up in Cebu (until highschool), though I have not been home for some time. I recently went to Cagayan de Oro (where I was born) on business and saw a lot of Sorentos there too, and not many fortuners. Mas dag-han pa ang strada kaysa fortuner sa CDO. Seems like most cebuano-speakers know a good deal when they see one.

Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner