New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    is that so? too bad for the fortuner...
    I chose the 2.7 VVTi variant of the fortuner over crdi because it is cheaper and much more practical for me. although i must admit i almost chose the crdi version of fortuner because of availability issues of gas variants.
    That's okay at least VVTi engine is good and tested na. Konti na lang naman difference nang diesel at gas price. At least may peace of mind ka sa ride mo. Kita mo si Larshell na inis na inis na sa Toyota dahil sa problems ng D4D engine ng ride nya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ako mas gusto ko fortuner, re D4D engine, its also a common rail technology the same with the engine of BMW, Mercedez and Hyundai/Kia. Sure pa tayo sa reliability of a Toyota, its sister company Lexus is always consistent #1 in the reliability survey of JD powers. maski german tech yun parts of the Sorento, its still made by Kia, I remembered when the range rover was bought by Ford, the engine is bmw, but when Ford took over, ford manufactured the engine of BMW and reliability suffered a lot.
    other reason for choosing a Toyota would be its value in the long run, investing over a million pesos for this kind of car mean I will use it more than 5 years.
    Im sure by that time it would still as reliable and di pa rin mawawala pogi points sa porma ng fortuner, and syempre were sure if we decide to sell it, it will retain a higher value and it will not be that hard to sell

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by teodoro5599
    ako mas gusto ko fortuner, re D4D engine,
    I think you may need to read the Toyota D4D Engine Woes thread.

It'll enlighten you on the supposedly "reliable" Toyota engine. Toyota quality has been slipping IMO - or the other manufacturers are already catching up with them.

===

One more thing, there is still no recorded carnap / carjack incident for the Sorento AFAIK.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    fortuner sa porma.....although ok din sorento....but mas lamang toyota sa resale aspect..IMHO

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teodoro5599
    ako mas gusto ko fortuner, re D4D engine, its also a common rail technology the same with the engine of BMW, Mercedez and Hyundai/Kia. Sure pa tayo sa reliability of a Toyota, its sister company Lexus is always consistent #1 in the reliability survey of JD powers. maski german tech yun parts of the Sorento, its still made by Kia, I remembered when the range rover was bought by Ford, the engine is bmw, but when Ford took over, ford manufactured the engine of BMW and reliability suffered a lot.
    other reason for choosing a Toyota would be its value in the long run, investing over a million pesos for this kind of car mean I will use it more than 5 years.
    Im sure by that time it would still as reliable and di pa rin mawawala pogi points sa porma ng fortuner, and syempre were sure if we decide to sell it, it will retain a higher value and it will not be that hard to sell
    CRDi engines of BMW, Mercedez benz, Hyundai and Kia is difinitely been tested to be good. Toyota D4D engine is still questionable ( Read "Toyota D4D Engine Woes" as mentioned by Mazdamazda ) Ano gagawin ng pogi points if your ride engine is not that reliable? Even the resale value that most people are mentioning are all useless if your ride engine is not that reliable since it's the heart and soul of your car. Maski Toyota pa yan o BMW o mercedez benz, people will still first check the condition or history of the car engine. Toyota D4D engine in my opinion is still in Limbo sa dami ng reported problems. Take note that sabi sa isang katsikoteer natin dito, sabi sa kanya ng Toyota dealer, they expect D4D engine problems between 12K-120K kilometers. Yong iba pa nga mas earlier pa dyan.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    You have absolutely zero pogi points kung tumirik yung engine mo and everyone can see you in the middle of the road scratching your head muttering to yourself 'what could possibly have gone wrong with my brand new D4D engine'.

At the Innova thread - one tsikoteer's 2.5 D4D stalled with odo only at 1,200km. (f**k) . . . . talk about legendary Toyota reliability.

Also, the entire CRDI system of the Sorento isn't just korean-made with german technology; it's actually a Bosch unit in there (made in Germany). It's installed by Kia at their korean assembly plant under german supervision . . . . it's like popping up the hood of a Rexton and you'll see a Mercedes Benz turbodiesel engine with a Garrett turbocharger bolted onto it . . . . don't tell me they're made in korea by SsangYong.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problema lang, some people can't get over the brand stigma. Problema na nila yun. hehehe. Hindi naman ako brand conscious. Nasa nagdadala iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    di ba ang problem na naglalabasan eh sa fortuner 2.5 variant pa lang? imho stay away from that variant. sa mga nasagap ko na na report dito i will definitely not recommend that variant... for now.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if toyota is sooooooo f#cking reliable, how come they make you wait for months to get a unit? don't buy that crap that supply cannot meet the demand! kung gusto nila talaga, they would've refitted and retooled tmpi to assemble fortuners too! they did this na before with the first corolla (16valve)... making you wait for it causes a market demand eh. besides, yang fortuner na iyan is part of the i.m.v. program- meaning ng imv cars that are for developing countires (aka 3rd world) lamang. reasons for that toyota only knows for sure. basta don't expect a fortuner to pound the streets of tokyo or new york or london- no matter what their posters show.

so i must say sorento. besides, i pity those whose primary reason for buying a car is for resale value, imo. di mo pa nga nakukuha iniisip niyo nang ibenta?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well, one more shocking story why I prefer SORENTO than the FORTUNER Saan ang prestige na sinasabi nila with TOYOTA Fortuner? Mabuti pa ang honda ESI AT ko almost 100K na di pa ako itinirik at mura pa sya compare sa 1.5Million na Fortuner 3.0

Originally Posted by larshell
    I share ko lang, just awhile ago ex Mayor Tinoy Blanco of Meycauayan Bulacan make a stop at my place wd his Fortuner White 3.0 4x4 wd hoodscoop.Syempre kwentuhan, sabi ko mayor ganda po ng Fortuner nyo He replied gusto mo? binebenta ko nga e.
    Sabi ko naman bakit po? Mayor: Itinirik ako nito pa puntang pangasinan.
    May Fishpond sya sa pangasinan twice a week daw sya nagpuounta dun.
    Sabi rin nya bagong repair ito galing ng casa pinakita pa nga yong resibo same wd my resibo white bond paper amounting to 113,000 plus palit di lahat ng CRDi system.
    Mileage nya 26k na going 27k.

Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner