New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    Panong hindi Sorento pipiliin mo... Ipinagbawalan ang discussion ng Fortuner sa thread na ito, eh...

Hmm probably we can change the topic to Toyota Fortuner vs. Kia Sorento in that way, tide could change..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    indeed the sorrento is a good car to have but many of car buyers are hesitant about keeping the car more than 5 years... resale value issue. Given the choices Fortuner and the Sorento, if a buyer will consider resale value over technical specifications the fortuner is a definite winner. A lot of Car buyers today usually look at resale value before technical spec.

KOREK!!!!!!!!!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    KOREK!!!!!!!!!!
    Sa opinion ko eh kung tatagal ang Fortuner ng 5 years. Sa Sorento, marami ang di nakaka alam na it's been running on it's 5 year na sa market and it's doing well in states, europe and africa. It has received numerous awards na rin abroad coming from well known motoring organization.
    Kung Landcruiser/ Prado siguro, pwede pa since mas matagal na sila sa market compare sa Sorento. Pero may mga instances na tinalo pa rin sila ng Sorento for an award sa abroad.
    Para sa akin, baby pa ang Fortuner at marami pa silang dapat e sort out sa kanya. One is the realiability of their D4D engine and body which is not rigidly tested pa.
    Para sa akin, resale does not really affect much as long as my ride has served my purpose and without any trouble na binigay sa akin.Kumbaga sulit na ako eh.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sabi sakin ng isang ahente ng KIA sa quezon ave marami na daw ang kumuha sa kanila dahil naiinip sa pila ng fortuner. Kung mainipin ka get the sorento but if you have the patience wait in line for the fortuner. So i assume may ilan ding sorento owners also wanted a fortuner but do not have the patience.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    we are one of those who could not wait for a fortuner any longer and so we opted for a sorento. ok naman so far.

pero everytime i see a fortuner on the road, i still say 'that's one ***y SUV'.

but another issue for us with the fortuner is its price even if we only want/can afford a 2.5 D4D. mas mahal talaga lalabas dahil sa 'forced' options and inhouse financing. medyo out of budget na. tapos 2WD lang saka much lower ang hp and torque.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln
    we are one of those who could not wait for a fortuner any longer and so we opted for a sorento. ok naman so far.

pero everytime i see a fortuner on the road, i still say 'that's one ***y SUV'.

but another issue for us with the fortuner is its price even if we only want/can afford a 2.5 D4D. mas mahal talaga lalabas dahil sa 'forced' options and inhouse financing. medyo out of budget na. tapos 2WD lang saka much lower ang hp and torque.
    Well in my opinion, blessings sa KIA ang kasakiman ng Toyota dealers sa Fortuner deals nila. I think that's what KIA dealers are hoping for kasi there is no need for them to spend that much money for advertisement of Sorento. Lalo na ngayon that their price has shoot up na sa Fortuner.
    Bilog is right, we can see a noticeable number of Sorentos on the street na talaga. If there is only enough accessory shops where we can buy and accessorized our Sorento, I'm sure that magiging mas matindi pa dating ng Sorento.
    * jrln, you did a good choice buying a Sorento instead of Fortuner 2.5 kasi para sa akin talagang "under powered" sya having same displacement sa Sorento. Maski na nga siguro ang 3.0V nila kung sa take off lang baka iwan mo pa sya but eventually he'll be able to catch up with Sorento sa straight road since mas mataas ang Hp nya. Saka sa Sorento naka 4wd ka na at naka 4 disc brake ka na giving you more safe braking advantage unlike sa Fortuner na lumang style na drum brakes pa rin sa rear which in my opinion for an SUV of that price at size, di tama.At saka most important, di ka na kasama sa naholdap ng Toyota dealers sa scam nila.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln
    but another issue for us with the fortuner is its price even if we only want/can afford a 2.5 D4D. mas mahal talaga lalabas dahil sa 'forced' options and inhouse financing
    the kia sorento won around 11 awards pala....that means ok ang nabili mo....congrats on your ride pare

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    the kia sorento won around 11 awards pala....that means ok ang nabili mo....congrats on your ride pare
    thanks moneywhiz. actually, it's really my wife's new car. i get to drive it only occasionally.

i'm actually a toyota cum honda fan because i drive a revo and a civic. walang naging problema so far. still keeping my fingers crossed on this kia.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    has the fortuner won any awards?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    has the fortuner won any awards?
    Nope... So has the Sorento CRDi variants available in RP... Only the 3500 V6 variant won the awards in the US, 'di ba? So, if you prefer an actual award winner, go get the V6 Sorento...

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner