1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Jeanpierre,

Regarding the accessories, got the following:
    *clip-on rear backview mirror
    *OEM stepboard

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    indeed the sorrento is a good car to have but many of car buyers are hesitant about keeping the car more than 5 years... resale value issue. Given the choices Fortuner and the Sorento, if a buyer will consider resale value over technical specifications the fortuner is a definite winner. A lot of Car buyers today usually look at resale value before technical spec.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well the truth is, since Sorento was launch in the states in 2000 or 2001 , I have been hoping that It will be sold also in Manila.Parang na love at first sight ako sa Sorento. So i did little bit of research and realized that KIA has completely changed compare sa KIA noon.Plus it was tested in so many countries first before it was sold sa atin at maganda ang track record at mga performance feedback. Kaya when I first saw the display of Sorento sa SM City last October 2004, the following day, I took my wife to one of the KIA dealer to pay the downpayment. The rest is history, eto tulad mo enjoying the Sorento ride witout any problems and without any regrets.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    indeed the sorrento is a good car to have but many of car buyers are hesitant about keeping the car more than 5 years... resale value issue. Given the choices Fortuner and the Sorento, if a buyer will consider resale value over technical specifications the fortuner is a definite winner. A lot of Car buyers today usually look at resale value before technical spec.
    Well ,resale value before technical spec thing is true. But sa opinion ko, we can never be sure na magiging mas mataas ang resale Value ng Fortuner compare sa Sorento after 5 year. That's still remains to be seen. Fortuner is new at nasa "wait and see" status pa lang kung baga unlike Sorento na tested na being out in the market for over 4 years na. (Note : Huwag sanang magalit ang mga may ari ng Fortuner) Marami pang factors na pwedeng umepekto sa Fortuner na pwedeng ika baba o ikatataas ng resale value nya. Isa sa mga pwedeng makasira sa Fortuner ayon sa mga nabasa ko na mga posting dito na kung di masolusyunan ng Toyota ay yong D4D engine nya.
    For me, the best thing to do is to wait and see after 5 years and not to speculate. Sabi nga, " Let's cross the bridge when we get there".

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mahirap lang talaga alisin ang stigma ng kia pride sa other models... parang nissan lang yan hirap makabawi sa perception sa mga sasakyan nila.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks for the replies about the tires, jeanpierre and gregg_g. worried kasi ako na baka nga may problema yung korean tires ng sorento. if so, baka magpalit kame para panigurado. the tires in our LX Ltd unit is hankook 225/75R16.

ours is ebony black also but with gray combo on the lower part. astig tingnan.

it's comforting to know that those who have longer driving experience with it are very satisfied.

i've been hearing the toyota d4d problems for some time now and it makes me worry baka ganun din ang sorento. good thing, wala pa yatanag ganung problem with our rides.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bilog
    mahirap lang talaga alisin ang stigma ng kia pride sa other models... parang nissan lang yan hirap makabawi sa perception sa mga sasakyan nila.
    I think they learned their lesson and probably will try their best not to commit same mistakes again.
    They must have realized how difficult it is to regain confidence with the badge once it got tainted. That's why KIA spent a lot of money building test and research facilities in States and in Europe. I think they are serious with their drive to uplift their brand to be known worldwide and they hit a jackpot with Sorento and Sedona/Carnival models.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln
    thanks for the replies about the tires, jeanpierre and gregg_g. worried kasi ako na baka nga may problema yung korean tires ng sorento. if so, baka magpalit kame para panigurado. the tires in our LX Ltd unit is hankook 225/75R16.

ours is ebony black also but with gray combo on the lower part. astig tingnan.

it's comforting to know that those who have longer driving experience with it are very satisfied.

i've been hearing the toyota d4d problems for some time now and it makes me worry baka ganun din ang sorento. good thing, wala pa yatanag ganung problem with our rides.
    Wala pa namang reported na engine problem ang Sorento CRDi. Mas nauna ang Sorento kaysa Fortuner I believe. Pareho tayo tatlo nila Gregg_g ng kulay. Gandang combination di ba? Saka yong stance ng Sorento, machong macho ang dating. Biro nga ng mga kaibigan ko, para daw laging naghahamon...he he he. Meron na rin sigurong mga accessories sa pinas. Sa akin kasi mostly ordered abroad pa. I'm sure you will enjoy your ride.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    The 3.0V Fortuner has a Torque Sensing LSD. The 2.7G and 2.5G variants, however, don't have LSD, being 4x2s.

No, the Rexton is made by Ssangyong... I believe the Sorento would be a better choice over the Rexton. KIA, at least, has a more established name and dealership network in RP compared to SSANGYONG. The Rexton, however, benefits from it's German engineered engine.
    Rexton is made by GMC.. the same maker of Suburban and Yukon...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Rexton in my knowledge is built by SSangyong, a korean car company. GMC is american.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner