New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andre
    Sorento in Korea are so cheap, less than 700T lang? (as per invoice posted), Maybe that's why there's a handful of surplus sorento CRDi Limited with full options (power seats, moonroof, 3rd row seats, HF steering controls, climate controls, power retract side mirrors, etc.) are at 2nd hand dealers shops. Mostly 900T.
    Er... that's the factory price.

Almost at par lang ang MSRP ng Korea & Philippines. Base price of the Sorento (LX 4x2) there is around 20M Korean Won (or roughly P1.08M).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    Sorento and bling bling

saw a Sorento with blings...
    ano kaya size ng mags nito

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    whats wrong with stock sorento tires?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    this thread has been quiet for a long time now.

i just like to make a follow-up to ultraman's question 'what's wrong with stock sorento tires?'

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jrln
    this thread has been quiet for a long time now.

i just like to make a follow-up to ultraman's question 'what's wrong with stock sorento tires?'
    Hi! Bago lang ako dito. I use to read mga post sa KIA-Forum regarding Sorento
    Nakikita ko site na to pero pag click ko sya to open, laging "page can not be displayed" ang lumalabas. Buti naka stamba ako this time. Okay tong site cause you can discuss topics in english at tagalog.
    Anyway, I own a Sorento with over 8K sa ODO. It's korean market version with all luxury package except sa auto climate control. Akin yong di knob pa rin. I find it exellent car to drive and never got problems with CRDI engine unlike sa nababasa ko na problema sa Innova CRDi and some of the fortuner D4D. My Sorento color is Ebony black / pewter combination.
    Sa tanong tungkol sa stock tire, sa akin KHUMO tires ( 245/70/16) wala namang problema and driven it already sa different types of road na. Good naman ang handling at grip at tahimik sa highway driving. Baka yong iba nag papalit lang ng stock tires kasi gusto nila low profile tires at rim.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    How about the CRDi system of Sorento? Denso din ba? D4d CRDi has problems and i think that is enough reason to choose sorento over Fortuner beside the ride mas malabot yon na test drive ko na Sorento.3rd row seats naman ang problem sa Sorento and the resale value. (IMHO)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The CRDI system is developed and produced by Bosch (I think)..

Hi JeanPierre,

How's everything... I missed our correspondence in Kia-Forums.... But we can continue it here.... People in this Tsikot Community are very accommodating....

Regarding the stock tires.. hmmm, I don't really know, but there was an issue regarding when your kumho tires are already 50%, bumps tend to form at the sides or the walls of the tires... But I think that was before... So far I am on my 8k on my Sorento, and no signs of it yet... I'll check again when my ride reaches 15k..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi gregg ! It's nice to hear from you again. Everything is fine especially with my ride. It's just that sa ngayon, tulog lang ng tulog ang Sorento ko kasi sa labas ako ngayon.Ang tagal na din since last tayo nag palitan ng messages sa KIA-Forum. Well, dito mukhang okay naman. Kaya lang mostly Fortuner at Innova ang pinag-uusapan. Seems malaki ang spend ng Toyota to market this Fortuner, Di gaya ng KIA na tahimk lang. Kung sabagay, bago lang ang Fortuner unlike Sorento na grabe na ang sales since inilabas ng KIA. Pilit ko nga hinanap yong picture taken from Germany showing the convoy of Sorentos with their owners. It was such a long convoy of Sorentos and there is one also from Korea Sorento owners. I wonder here in the phillipines, how many Sorento owners na kaya???
    Gregg, did you install some Sorento accessories already?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    How about the CRDi system of Sorento? Denso din ba? D4d CRDi has problems and i think that is enough reason to choose sorento over Fortuner beside the ride mas malabot yon na test drive ko na Sorento.3rd row seats naman ang problem sa Sorento and the resale value. (IMHO)
    Sa nakikita ko tuwing routine check ko sa makina before starting my Sorento, Bosch company ang nakikita ko sa mga pyesa gaya ng sabi ni gregg. Di ba bosch, german company. Denso yata sa mga japanese cars lang ginagamit. Na basa ko nga ang mga posting at mostly siguro Denso ang gamit ng may mga problema kasi toyota. Di tayo expert sa sasakyan pero sa opinion ko mas maganda makina ng Sorento dahil sa gamit nila na pyesa.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    from 4x4news.co.uk

"Sorento represents a new level of international integration for Kia with components and expertise sourced from top automotive names around the world. The list includes suspension tuning by Porsche, four-wheel drive system components from Borg Warner (manufactured in South Wales), shock absorbers and self-levelling suspension from Sachs, ABS and fuel injection systems from Bosch, and air-bag technology from Autoliv."

Jeanpierre,

Actually more & more tsikoteers, are realizing the quality goodness of our ride.... Some of them are even thinking of buying one...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner