New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh I see. Thanks for the info! I'll drop by sa Kia this wednesday.

Thanks everyone!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    maganda yung sorento (get the EX diesel though).

quiet drivetrain, 5-speed auto, 4wd, rear LSD, good body rigidity, downside lang is interior is more cramped than fortuner's, some interior bits are rather downmarket, rear seat is far less comfortable than fortuner's.

fortuner gas vs. sorento diesel, sa sorento ako. if only for the 4wd.

pero kung fortuner 3.0 diesel vs. sorento diesel, fortuner 3.0 ako.

imo, fortuner 3.0 > sorento 2.5 > montero sport > everest > alterra.
    mbt is right... I think mas maganda ang Sorento EX CRDi than the Fortuner 2.7G. Especially because there is no waiting line.

Value for money yes its has excellent value for money it s also equipped with abs the fortuner doesnt
    I dunno who said this... But, this is wrong. All Fortuner variants have ABS. Only the Hilux and Innova don't have ABS.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks Vicoyski. This is very good to hear, specially coming from a Fortuner owner.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dunno who said this... But, this is wrong. All Fortuner variants have ABS. Only the Hilux and Innova don't have ABS.
    correct all fortuners are ABS laden, the author, it seems is referring to LSD...kakalito minsan ang alphabet soup.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sorento is a great looking SUV, with several awards to boast. I even almost bought one last April if not the Fortuner coming in May, I decided to wait. eventually I bought the Fortuner. no regrets.
    People are still having second thoughts on parting 1.3M of hard earned money on a brand that still needs to be up to pars with Japanese carmakers.
    Thats just my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Is the Sorrento the same as the Rexton?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    correct all fortuners are ABS laden, the author, it seems is referring to LSD...kakalito minsan ang alphabet soup.
    The 3.0V Fortuner has a Torque Sensing LSD. The 2.7G and 2.5G variants, however, don't have LSD, being 4x2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Altis123
    Is the Sorrento the same as the Rexton?
    No, the Rexton is made by Ssangyong... I believe the Sorento would be a better choice over the Rexton. KIA, at least, has a more established name and dealership network in RP compared to SSANGYONG. The Rexton, however, benefits from it's German engineered engine.
    Last edited by vicoyski; September 26th, 2005 at 03:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Rexton is good if you like something with a Mercedes Benz drivetrain and other major bits. The latest batch of Rextons use the 2.7CRDi engine of the Grand Cherookee and MB ML270 CDI.

BTTT:

I am not going to wait 8 months for a Fortuner...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just to be clear (hehe), the Fortuner has the Torsen LSD on its center diff. off-road where you'd be locking the center diff anyway, the Sorento will have some traction (discounting the tires) advantage by way of an LSD in the rear diff.

Sorento looks good in green with pewter accent. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition to what mbt has said, a Center Diff is not installed to improve off-road performance. It is there to enable fulltime 4wd operation.

Off road, when traction demands are higher, you will have to lock the C/D and be in 'direct drive' mode with no differential effect.

On the Sorento and other on-demand 4wd systems, there is no center diff because the moment you go into four wheel drive you are already in a 'direct drive' state.

The LSD is a traction enhancing device. Though nowadays, very few manufacturers offer them since only a fraction of new 4x4's ever go off-road. Even fewer manufacturers offer fully locking rear diffs.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Fortuner