New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the reason Sta. Fe is pricier is because of all the tech gadgets (hill assent assist ....). Otherwise, pareho lang. If you can do without the dazzle, go Sorento

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Could be.... I was really a hardcore Santa Fe fan but upon sitting on a TOTL Sorento everything changed

I thought to myself that both of the Sorento and Sante Fe will be mostly for city driving and maybe some out of town from time to time, but I could not think of a place that we'll go to that's to steep that I'll have to use a "hill assist control". Same with the "downhill break control", I can always use a low gear for this one. The flex steer, i could live without that also.

The Santa Fe was still lingering in our minds so I had to make-up something to justify the shift to Sorento. It was the instrument cluster with fuel meter on one side and the temp and shift display on the other, I think they are digital/LED and if they were to break you might have to replace the whole instrument cluster. As for the Sorento it was still traditional fuel and temp indicators.

I also preferred the audio system of the Sorento how it's got the red/orange display. The shift gate to manual transmission, on the Santa Fe the shift gate is going away from you, you have to push/switch it to the right then you can go up/down. On the Sorento the shift gate if to the left so it's closer to you, I got short arms so less stress there.

These are just some of the things I had to make-up to pick the Sorento over the Santa Fe, but if anything new is coming out this September, not necessarily Hyundai or KIA, I think we'll wait

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I've seen both the sorento and sta Fe in my interstate drive from nJ to DC. The Sta Fe is definitely a looker even at wide highways of America, the sorento wala lang, mas Maganda pa tignan yun mga American suvs

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    yung grand sta. fe is 2.2million cx9 and explorer price range, yung sta fe naman is 1.7 -1.8 million, i checked cause i'v been eyeing this sinve a friend told me it handles like a european suv.

na lessen na ata yung import tax sa korea regarding vehicles.

*viper.... nagising ako sa pic ah
    oo nga sir, 1.7M nalang sya, kasi wala na ung 2.2M na variant model na may Sunroof. Nasa Grand Santa Fe na sya.
    Ung 1.7M na variant, mas mura nga sa Sorento kaso wala syang back camera, touchscreen and 2wd (though not important)

Sa Sorento 1.9M and everything is there na

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Regarding sa 3rd row. Sino ba mas roomier? Napansin ko lang, is ung sa Santa Fe, mas mahirap ung ingress/egress nya, kasi ung 2nd row, i sslide mo lang. Sa Sorento, mas madali kasi na fofold ung seats to have a better ingress/egress. Though sa Santa Fe naman naging advantage ung Sliding kasi nakakaluwag sa 3rd row. Also sa Santa fe, la nang masyadong view ung sa 3rd row kasi liit nung mirror as compared to a bit bigger sa Sorento.

Hay, hirap mag decide

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another difference you might consider is the power steering. Electric ps for sta fe vs. the traditional hydraulic type for the sorento.

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Forums

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard616 View Post
    oo nga sir, 1.7M nalang sya, kasi wala na ung 2.2M na variant model na may Sunroof. Nasa Grand Santa Fe na sya.
    Ung 1.7M na variant, mas mura nga sa Sorento kaso wala syang back camera, touchscreen and 2wd (though not important)

Sa Sorento 1.9M and everything is there na
    May discount pa yan bro, may nag bibigay ng less P100K.

Yung sa awd naman, sa akin ok na yun nan dyan para kung kailanganin mo meron ka.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    Another difference you might consider is the power steering. Electric ps for sta fe vs. the traditional hydraulic type for the sorento.

Ako nung una ok sa akin yung feature na flex steer. Tapos may nakita ako na video from lexus na pag start nya yung manibela nag wawala, umi-ikot ng kusa. I know this might be more on the park assist feature pero i na realize ko na there's so many things that could go wrong pag electronic ang steering...tapos while driving pa. Ok na ako dun sa traditional na power steering.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    It's just like picking between a pair of korean twins, for example....

Attachment 22235
    OT: Kapag ganyan,- puwedeng sabay... :naughty2:

BTT: Sorento for me,- iyan lang ang kaya consciously ng aking budget...

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.7K:debate:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post

If I may ask, what's the difference of these two steering types in terms of maintenance?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kia Sorento vs. Hyundai Santa fe 2014 both with 3rd row