New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    All local Sorentos have a dual range 4wd system.

It's just a matter of picking a mid-size truck or a compact cute-ute.

Sorento LX's don't have power mirrors as standard. No wood trim, manual a/c, less fancy audio, no fender flares, narrower tires, etc.

But I'd still take it over the Tucson. Not that there's anything wrong with the Tucson, I just like the Sorento better.
    that's dissappointing. for over 1Mil, dapat naman power mirrors na sya. type ko din sorento

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    An in-house upgrade package is available for the side mirrors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sorento, for sure.

Personally, I like driving the Tucson better, because it's more carlike and immediate, but the interior space isn't much more than you'd get in a sedan.

I don't like the Sorento's soft, rolling suspension, but I find the pick-up of the engine okay. The rear seats seem a little more spacious than the Santa Fe's... I think the inclusion of a third row in the Santa Fe compromises second row legroom a little, but it's a non-issue (there's still lots of space).

For the money, the Sorento is a better deal than most CUVs, considering the amount of space and the fact that it's a turbo-diesel. While I don't like the way it drives, from a practical point of view, it's worth the money.
    Last edited by niky; October 27th, 2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Oops.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Niky,

So kung Tucson vs. Sorento, sa Santa Fe ka?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bwahaha... I edited that part already...

Yup... Santa Fe nga ako...

Pero hinihintay ko parin ang Kia Carens... sedan driver at heart pa rin ako...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    much as the others want the VGT equipped Sorento. if ever you're going to choose the Tucson CRDi...wait for the next gen 2.0L CRDi engine. while the current engine produces 110hp, the improved version creates about 136hp or as much as a GASOLINE fed 2006 Lancer GT makes.

it is scheduled to be released soon on Europe.

between the choices...i'd get the Sorento. i like it. rugged, macho, more metal for your buck as they say. classy reminds me of the gen2/2.5 Pajero.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Kia Sorento LX M/T v. Hyundai Tucson CRDI 2WD A/T