33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kia Sedona RS A/T

14 42.42%
  • Ford Everest 4x2 A/T

19 57.58%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I dont know what the local gas sedona's engine displacement is. But whatever it is, it is expected to be a gas guzzler. Aside from what was mentioned by Mikey, in the U.S., the sedona comes with a v6 3.5Liter 195hp vehicle. As per an article in a u.s. magazine which I subscribe to, its October 2003 issue shows fuel economy at 10mpg city, and 25mpg highway. I don't know the exact conversion of miles to kilometer, 1.6km/mile ba yun? Assuming tama ito, it means 4km/liter! And take note, in actual driving conditions, the realistic fuel economy is lower than what is declared. Motioncars website even claims the local sedona gas version uses only a 2.5liter engine with 110hp! Now that's underpowered. And that's the same displacement on mikey's mentioned website.
    Last edited by altec; September 20th, 2005 at 09:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa tingin mo nga underpowered siya? some say (sa thread ng sedona) na they do find the power of sedonas satisfying. moreso kung gas na siguro ang gamit.

for everest, di ba comfy ang ride na yon? will try to test drive one this weekend to see and compare.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by armanski
    some say (sa thread ng sedona) na they do find the power of sedonas satisfying. moreso kung gas na siguro ang gamit.
    Not necessarily, sir. Malakas ang hatak ng Sedona na 2.9 turbodiesel, pero hindi ko masabi kung kaya ng 2.5 V6 gas engine Sedona na tapatan ang performance ng diesel, kasi nga mabigat ang kaha ng Sedona. I prefer the diesel to the gas variant of the Sedona for this reason.

Kung makakapaghintay ka hanggang December, ang balita ay lalabas na yung 2006 model ng Sedona na CRDi diesel. Yun ang magandang abangan

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the sedona is by far more comfortable when compared to the everest. it's a good van for a family (we're only usually 5, but we take the kia out most of the time).

for the more outdoorsey type of family though, the everest could be it. although i hear that leg room for the third row is a bit dinky.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177
    Not necessarily, sir. Malakas ang hatak ng Sedona na 2.9 turbodiesel, pero hindi ko masabi kung kaya ng 2.5 V6 gas engine Sedona na tapatan ang performance ng diesel, kasi nga mabigat ang kaha ng Sedona. I prefer the diesel to the gas variant of the Sedona for this reason.

Kung makakapaghintay ka hanggang December, ang balita ay lalabas na yung 2006 model ng Sedona na CRDi diesel. Yun ang magandang abangan
    the diesel probably has more pulling power than the V6, but definitely on a long stretch of road like the SLEX, the V6 will be a more satisfying drive. we own a V6 variant and it can handle load pretty well, although, you do have to mash the gas pedal when fully loaded with 7 pax. 5 or less and that thing can haul ass. don't expect it to win any stoplight races with cars though, it's a tad slow in picking up speed with, as mentioned, that heavy body, but it's not a slouch against other vans like the hi-ace or urvan.

baka nga pala meron gusto bumili, 350k po namin binebenta.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    i'd be wary of the RS model not because of the engine, but because i don't think it has ABS. with a big car like that and your whole family inside, you don't want to miss out on such an important feature in case you need it. besides RS is the low-end variant.

you may want to consider a brand new carnival 2 import. there are importers of these (info supplied via pm)

the gray market model has more features than the LS variant of th Sedona (the high end) like aircon micro filter, climate control, sunroof, better upholstery and carpetting AND a 2.9l DIESEL CRDI engine. someone once hit about 20km/l on the tarlac to pangasinan run. there are some non-useful features like a heater and a hands free phone feature that we can't get to work.

the problem is that it doesn't come with much of a warranty. anyway, i'm recommending you should at least take a look. good luck!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I'm a V6 owner. Bought it Sept 2005. I like the ride. Smooth. Tahimik ang makina. Comfortable captain's chairs. Good looking too. I got the m/t version. Downside, malakas sa gas. I can get only up to 6km/L mixed city/higway driving, light traffic. Minsan less pa. Then I had a problem with the engine. Napansin ko ang lakas umubos ng coolant. Dinala ko sa casa, kelangan daw palitan ng overhauling gaskets. So ibinaba ang makina. Parang overhaul na raw ang ginawa. Di pa rin nawala ang problema. Nag-demand ako na palitan ang makina. Pinalitan ang engine block and everything inside. Itinira ang cylinder head. Yun, mukhang naayos na. Nakakwentuhan ko yung isang mekaniko mukhang me mga v6 daw na me problemang ganun. Di lang daw ang unit ko ang me ganun na problema. Buti daw ako marunong tumingin. Kasi yung nakita daw nilang isa, paubos na ang coolant, di pa nagrereklamo. The good thing about this is Kia acknowledges this as a problem at di naman ako nahirapan nung humingi ako ng change of engine. Did not pay a single centavo. Aside from that, have not had any other problem. Oh, 1. I had to change the A/C micro filter. Napansin ko kasi mahina na ang labas ng hangin sa front blowers. I turned out sobrang dumi na ng filter.

So far yun ang experience ko sa sedona v6. But don't get me wrong. I still love it. It's actually an RS. But I made every effort to make it look like an LS. I added an Audiovox DVD player with an overhead lcd plus 1 in front. Changed the steel wheels to mags. Had Kelseat wrap leathers on the steering wheel and the M/T shifter. Nagpa-customize na lang ako ng leatherette seat covers. Ang laki ng diprensya sa cost pag leather talaga eh. Bought those nice blue round Kia logos and stuck them on the back and front and on the mags. My kids love the reclining captain's seats with individual arm rests.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa everest ako, matibay ang pangilalim.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung Carnival nina Blackmagic grabe sa bilis hehe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I've driven both cars and all i can say iba talaga ung sedona! Ang sarap ng ride sobrang smooth hinde mo nararamdamn ung mga lubak kahit naka 18" 235/50/r18 na mags and tires pa ung sedona na ginagamit ko at ang lakas pa ng hatak nabatajbo ko na ung sedona namin ng 180 sa star tollway, hinde umuubra ung ibang mga nakaksabay kong mga sasakyan! Matibay din sya 03 model ung sedona namin so 3yrs ba at 90,000kms na at wala pa namang ganong naging problema except for the allternator which was replaced by casa for free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Kia Sedona vs. Ford Everest