33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kia Sedona RS A/T

14 42.42%
  • Ford Everest 4x2 A/T

19 57.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    My friend's everest barely gets 5km/liter. With biodiesel and some additive that he added, I recall him saying he has brought this up to around 5.5km/liter. The Sedona diesel, however, should give you 6km/liter. Mine gets 6-7.5km/liter depending on the traffic. Remember, the heavy body weight of the sedona has a significant effect on its fuel economy, especially in heavy traffic. There is no local sedona that is CRDI. Any crdi is a surplus import, and still called a carnival. The gas variant? I heard barely gets 5km/liter.

Take note the sedona is all coil suspension. While the everest uses rear leaf springs, thus explaining the wide disparity in ride performance. In terms of power, they are both powerful (both are non crdi diesels). The everest looks much bigger than the sedona, but the sedona is roomier and more comfortable. Parts are cheaper for Kia than with Ford. But durability may be to Ford's advantage. Kia quality, however, has gone up significantly in recent years, though.

The diesel noncrdi sedona engine is more of a smoke belcher than the ford everest. But this is easily offset with biodiesel and a few special driving procedures which is not that big a hassle.

Sedona is more modern looking. Everest still looks like a ranger with a rear camper shell. But then, looks is in the eyes of the beholder.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep in mind that it's tough to directly compare fuel economy figures of two different vehicles from two different owners using the vehicles in two different ways.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    keep in mind that it's tough to directly compare fuel economy figures of two different vehicles from two different owners using the vehicles in two different ways.
    My friend used to own a local carnival and told me he got around 6+km/liter with his carnival. We keep in constant touch comparing our fuel economy because of biodiesel usage. But during that time of the carnival, wala pang biodiesel.

On my own, I own a local diesel sedona and I get an average of 6.3-7km/liter, which includes around 30 minutes idling every lunch time as my kids eat in the car during lunch break and since my sedona comes with a dvd player, ayun, naka aircon while eating. I've heard other sedona users getting higher than my fuel economy, but I also heard someone saying he gets below 6km/liter.
    Last edited by altec; September 20th, 2005 at 03:34 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me safety of my family first over comfort, therefore I have chosen FORD EVEREST. I believe and for my own opinion, safety comes first and comfort will follow accordingly. If your family feels safer while riding your car, then they must be feel comfortably as well!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi,
    I own a carnival 2000 deisel MT. It consumes 7 kms to a liter. Ok mag drive nito .hindi ka mukhang driver.

Ok na ok ang carnival.. medyo mababa lang ang resale value. pero sa ride, safety and comfort ok ang carnival.. what more with the improved sedona..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hello Guys,

I own a 2001 carnival manual. I get 10 to 11km per li. Las Pinas to Alabang most of the time ang biyahe. One full tank will last me one month.

Ride comfort and amenities the best. DVD 7 seater leather oks na oks. This is the best decision I did when I bought this car. My Family loves this car especially on long drives to bicol, baguio, subic, batangas.

All you have to do is TLC it and it will serve you well.

Rodski

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ortonko
    For me safety of my family first over comfort, therefore I have chosen FORD EVEREST. I believe and for my own opinion, safety comes first and comfort will follow accordingly. If your family feels safer while riding your car, then they must be feel comfortably as well!
    Ortonko, the sedona's front and rear bumper has a solid steel bar underneath. The bumpers are not hollow, mind you. My sedona rear bumper once got bumped by a pajero with those extended grill type bars, pumasok yung grill ng pajero and damaging its hood and grill, pero yung sedona only had a slight dent on the bumper plus nayupi yung tailgate, but that was due to the extended bars that protruded. Of course, the Everest rides high, and any car that meets a high riding vehicle loses out in a collision. The sedona comes with a 5 star crash rating score from those U.S. independent test.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Engine: Everest- 2.5Liter SOHC 12V, Sedona 2.9Liter DOHC 16V
    HP: Everest- 110hp/3,500 rpm Sedona - 135hp/3,800 rpm
    Torque: Everest- 268nm/2000rpm Sedona - 315nm/2000 rpm

Length: Ev- 4958 Sed- 4930
    Width: Ev- 1805 Sed- 1895
    Height: Ev- 1835 Sed- 1730
    Wheelbase: Ev- 2860 Sed- 2910
    Front Suspension: same
    Rear suspension: Ev- semi elliptical leaf springs Sed- 5 link system
    Everest: RWD Sedona: FWD

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by altec
    Engine: Everest- 2.5Liter SOHC 12V, Sedona 2.9Liter DOHC 16V
    HP: Everest- 110hp/3,500 rpm Sedona - 135hp/3,800 rpm
    Torque: Everest- 268nm/2000rpm Sedona - 315nm/2000 rpm
    Sir Altec,

Actually what is available now with Sedona is the V6 GAS engine. Per its specification, 173hp*6500rpm. Is this true?

Also seen the comparison ng LxWxH, and overall mukhang lamang ang Sedona reason why it is spacious inside.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    According to the Kia web site, the HP for the V6 gas Sedona is 150*5,600 rpm, so I don't know how true the figure you stated is. The link to the Sedona's specs is http://www.kiamotors.com/Common/html...ival/spec.html

Also, the US agency that did the crash safety testing on the Sedona was the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Here is the link for the tests they did on the 2005 model Sedona: http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/3349.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kia Sedona vs. Ford Everest