• Kia Sedona RS A/T

14 42.42%
  • Ford Everest 4x2 A/T

19 57.58%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    Kia Sedona you might want to change asap the inferior tyres...
    yep,kala ko before isa lang papalitan ko.pagsilip nila sa price smart 3 pala coz me tama na ung other 2, di lang halata (natira 1 goodyear) .notorious daw hankook for this. so ung expected 3k gastos ko naging 9k!damn korean tires!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    you might want to bring your kid .. see how he likes your choices .. my friend bought an everest because he saw that his 2 year old son took a liking for it than the other choices that he had ..
    any of the two will do.

but i suggest you bring your wife. buy whatever she chooses. mahirap kasi mag-drive ng oto na ayaw ng misis mo.

biruin mo sa traffic, yung anak mo masasabihan mo na tumahimik pero ang asawa....
    -bakit kasi ito pa binili mo?
    -ano ba yan ang tag-tag?
    -hina naman ng aircon nito?
    -oh may sisingit sa harap!
    -bakit amoy babae itong oto natin?
    -kaya ma-trapik kasi ito ang binili mong oto eh!
    -magpapa-krudo ka na naman! matakaw talaga sa krudo tong oto na ito ah?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    bogart,

nakuha mo. actually, my wife made the short list between the two. siya na nagtanggal ng innova at starex sa list.

even yung pagkamura mura na apv, di niya nagustuhan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi armanski,
    If you're looking for a more versatile people carrier/hauler, get the Everest. It'll get you to more hard-to-reach places, especially if you frequent provinces with challenging terrain, owing to its truck chassis which it shares with the Ranger.

For a more on-road, car-like ride, the Sedona is my choice. The Sedona will also give you a comfortable ride in and out of the city. It is a real minivan as compared to the Everest which is an SUV that doubles as a people carrier.

If you don't go to places requiring off-road capability, go for the Sedona. Power is sufficient especially for highway cruising. It's not as powerful as the new CRDi Starex engine though. Just ditch the stock Korean tires right out of the showroom (and as in our case, go for Dunlop LMRV501s). As to resale, I would think that the Everest has a slight advantage. Slight, coz it's really a Japanese vehicle vs the Korean Sedona, but not far better coz it's badged as a US vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The Kia Sedona u r referring, is it the one with the CRDI engine?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hi jds,

Per Kia, ang available lang na Sedona here in the Philippines is the 2.5L V6 Gas engine. Wala pa daw yung CRDi and most likely next year pa ilalabas dito. Yung mga nasa labas daw ngayon na CRDi na could either be imported or second hand na binila (earlier models).

Is this true or would you know kung may availability nga ng Sedona CRDi variant. Would prefer sana the diesel pero di nga raw available per their head office na ha.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    meron kaming dalawang everest hehe enough said

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart
    any of the two will do.

but i suggest you bring your wife. buy whatever she chooses. mahirap kasi mag-drive ng oto na ayaw ng misis mo.
    I second the motion.

My first choice when we were looking for a vehicle three years ago was the Isuzu Crosswind, but my wife was dead-set on the Sedona, which was also on our short-list, along with the Revo.

Call it female intuition, but three years and 100,500 kilometers later, I'm glad my wife suggested we get the Sedona. It is a good match for our needs, as we have two kids who like dozing off on our long trips between provinces. It excels as a people mover, though it can also do double-duty as a cargo hauler if I compress the third-row bench.

Aside from the stock tires, some negatives to keep in mind with the Sedona:
    • turbo diesel, so you religiously have to observe the warmup and cooldown periods for the engine
    • the engine number is difficult to get to (for LTO stencil purposes)
    • it is heavy, weighing slightly over 2,000 kg
    • it's a pain to park in tight spaces

That's all I can think of for now.

Since the kids are growing up, maybe our next vehicle will be an SUV. Heaven knows the road conditions here in the province warrant a sturdy and agile vehicle. There was actually one time that I ventured on a dirt road in the Sedona, and I got stuck in the mud because it had just rained then, so... if you forsee a lot of offroad adventures in your life, go for the Everest. Otherwise, if you desire peaceful and calming long trips with the family and a few guests, I'd recommend the Sedona.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for family? no contest, sedona. easier and more comfortable to drive (i.e., much more carlike). more space. more versatile. lower load floor. lower step-in height. sliding doors. seven full-size seats. more comfortable cruising. more satisfying to drive in all respects. more comfortable ride. better safety engineering.

the sedona can seat seven adults. the everest can seat five adults and two lemmings.

the only thing the everest has going for it in the marketplace is that it's an "SUV", and believe it or not, the vast majority of filipinos want an SUV for the image and perceived safety and prestige. pero kung magpapakatotoo ka, the minivan will suit your family needs more than the SUV will (assuming that you don't intend to go off-road) hehe. in my opinion.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You can never go wrong with a Sedona. Remember, family first.

Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    the sedona can seat seven adults. the everest can seat five adults and two lemmings.
    :lol:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kia Sedona vs. Ford Everest