New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    styling aside, the City is actually prettier. lalo na ang price pala dyan ng Rio sedan is 595K.

that makes the difference just a hundred or so.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    may hatchback na ba ang rio? i thought malabo pa ilabas eto? how much?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Baka for the hatch yung 595k... clarify it. Or maybe he means that's the total including insurance and registration?

The price difference is kinda big, but it depends on what you want.

AFAIK, except for the weird looks and low seat cushions (mas mataas ng kaunti sa Rio), the City is the better car, but whether it's worth all that extra money is a judgement only you, tackielarla, as the buyer, can make.

I like the Rio, personally, as it reminds me so much of the old City and the Vios (but better). Medyo "old school" yung appeal niya versus the science-fiction-bubble-car Honda City.... and there's a more mechanical feel to all the controls and elements. It's a simple, honest car. Sure, resale is an unknown, but being so much cheaper, you still won't lose much in resale versus the more expensive car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    535k lang yun rust-colored Rio, been seeing at least two of these sa Ortigas area. girls ang drivers, no tints pa.

what's inclusive? ganda sya sa paningin ko. in fact better looking than the vios or city.

medyo dumadami na din sa ortigas yun dark gray colored 4 door aveo. i believe 50k discount daw to mga to ngaun.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks sir Niky. It was for the sedan po. There are no hatch variants of the rio here in Cebu, at least to my knowledge.

I test drove a vios yesterday. The front legroom was too high for me. I'm 6'0" with long legs (ehehehe). After the ride I felt my muscles limping a bit on me; not good for long drives. So I guess there goes the vios...

I guess my main concern is the QC. Heard of horror stories about the City but I'm not sure if it (Quality issues) is still present. As for kia, newcomer pa lang ang rio. Picanto owners gave excellent marks on kia's QC (is it because Korean made sha and not from Laguna?).

Again, salamat sa mga nag-post. :car:

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Go for the City. Mas safe ka pa kasi may side airbags at may driver at passenger airbags pa. Yung sa situation ni Master Psylocke naktaon lang yun so wag kang matakot bumili ng City. That doesn't mean that one person receive a lemon and the hundreds will receive the same davah. Tska check mo muna yung car bago ka pumirma. Para hindi ka matulad kay psylocke kunin mo yung hose mo tapos basain mo yung city mo pag walang leak ok. Basta check mo lahat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    may side airbags na ba ang City? WIK, side airbags at Honda starts with their Civic 2.0S matic.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    may side airbags na ba ang City? WIK, side airbags at Honda starts with their Civic 2.0S matic.
    I'm also plannning to buy a 2010 RIO..is it worth it?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    strongly agree with thisp

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

strongly agree with thispostp

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Honda na po. I think better din ang resale value.
    Ok din naman din yung Rio pero better yung quality ng Honda (usually).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
KIA Rio 1.4 or Honda City VTEC 1.5?