New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Balak ko kumuha ng picanto or rio, ano kea ang mas "worth it." considering performance st reliability.
    Ang alam ko kasi sa Rio may problema sa enginr knock, na masosolve naman daw ng Vpower, gano ito katotoo? at sa Picanto naman wla akong issue na alam, yun nga lang mas maganda ang Rio.

Thanks sa mga mag re-reply.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd go for the Rio. Bigger car means it's more practical lalo na kung only car mo lang yan. If you're too scared to take the "risk" with the 1.4, meron namang 1.2 LX na same engine as the Picanto.

Personally though, I don't think the engine knock issue of the 1.4 Rio is something to be awfully worried about. Maingay lang yung mga nagkakaissue, which is understandable, but as a whole, they're a small percentage of all Accent/Rio 1.4 owners. Besides, may ECU reflash naman na tested solution na for this, in the unfortunate event that you do get a unit with knocking issues.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    *jut703 salamat sa reply, mukha ngang take ko na yung risk sa rio, and yes this is my only ride to be... may 5 yr warranty naman at pwede rin ma ayos yung ecu, pero if ever I go with the rio, just to be safe, siguro from the start mag Vpower na lang ako. Hindi ko na itry ibang gasolina. Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i got the 1.2 picanto for the exact same reason you're considering the car (1.4 engine knock issues). i didn't want to risk it so i got the picanto instead.

anyway, if you're good with the risk that comes with the Rio then go for it. it'll have more utility than the picanto for sure.

plus, you also mentioned that you're committing to Shell V-Power. that's the best gas you could get for its value imho nagpapa-gasup lang ako ng V-Power kung may budget ako hehe.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    That Old Familiar Feeling | 2012 Kia Rio EX 1.4L AT

If you don't want the knocking issues on the 1.4, then you might consider the Rio 1.2li.

2012 Kia Rio 1.2 LX - Honest Car Reviews by AutoIndustriya.com

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    *number001 thanks sa mga link.. and may point ka sa 1.2 na Rio, I just hope di siya mabagal humatak.

*hivemind Why did you not consider the 1.2 M/T Rio? TIA