New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Perfect na sana yung mukha eh, yung grille nalang. Kapag ako nagdesign ng grille niyan baka mas maganda pa. Yung foglights niya rin parang medyo out of place at parang maliit sobra. When's the next facelift? I'm looking forward to it. Baka sakaling gusto ako bigyan ng malaking regalo si Panginoon, eh yun na yung piliin ko. Sa Mohave, kahit maayos naman siya, di ko nagugustuhan ang lines niya... parang sobrang flat, exact opposite ng Pajero.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Actually nag Minor Change na yung Veracruz

Wala lang dito kasi wala naman bumibili. Nyahahaha

Yung Fog lights naman maliit talaga, projector type na yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Tulad ng VeraCruz diba, walang Cruise Control at power folding side mirrors. For that price

Pero bakit sa Santa Fe ginawa nilang standard yung feature na yun?

Siguro wala na sila makitang matatanggal sa features para pababain yung price ng Mohave.

IMHO maganda yung orange, ipa paint mo nalang ng matte black yung surround ng windows for more "classy" looks.

Pic of the Orange Mohave..
    Right you are there. Power fold mirrors are standard nowadays especially with that price. Yun plus the lack of an iPod outlet and DVD/Bluetooth kit are the things that are preventing me from taking the offer. They are even willing to pull the price down to P2M flat just so I can have the extra cash to put in those 3 items that I like. It's going to be a "dealership warranty" na nga lang, i.e., the dealer will assume the rest of the 4-year warranty, hindi na yung planta. The color is very nice. In fact I like the car but it's a Kia and I am not too sure about the availability of it's parts considering na iilan lang ang may Mohave dito sa Pinas.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kahit yung facelift pangit parin! Gawin kasi nila pareho sa the rest of the Hyundai lineup. Nahalata ko usually sa grille yung failure nila. Take the Genesis Coupe for example. They should've at least made the degree of facelift similar to what was done with the Santa Fe. Change the grille, foglamp deisgn, taillights, exhaust and rims. The foglights really look out of place, as if it isn't an integral part of the car. Parang isinalpak lang as an afterthought.

As for the Mohave, if, like me, you don't change the position of the mirrors often, then take it. 2M for that car, is good enough already. Spend the 50k on a decent HU. The engine alone is worth taking already. The look on the drivers of overtaken V8 SUVs and V6 sedans is PRICELESS.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Yes, that absence of a power fold side mirror really turned me off, but they say they can install it, but the "manufacturer's warranty" is voided (although the dealer will assume the warranty). The iPod outlet is easier to install daw, but the unit being offered to me has no "abang" daw for the power fold which is why mas madami pa daw gagawin. Meantime, my Santa Fe dealer is also calling me up and I have to decide. I can get the Mohave at 2.0M flat. And the P50k that they will shave off can be used, according to them, to pay for all those stuff I want re-installed. What do you think? I just can't get my mind off at the more than a million I saved from the SRP of a new Mohave.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sir, sa totoo lang..

Mas maganda kung sa labas mo nalang ipapagawa yung power retract side mirrors. I think you can order parts from Seiring (Korean Spare Parts Supplier), then have the assembly installed by Maspro Enterprises (Master Benjie).. Sa tingin ko naman walang ma-void na warranty doon kasi hindi ka naman nag modify ng factory installed eh.

Totoo na wala talagang "abang" yung power retract side mirrors kasi kailangan talaga palitan yung whole assembly. And I think mahihirapan ang Casa sa pag install nun. Kung yung sa Honda Civic FD nga hindi kayang gawin sa Casa eh..

Regarding the iPod, mas mabuti na rin na magpalit ka nalang ng decent DVD Touch screen Head Unit. Kenwood is a very good brand.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i like the power retract side mirror of the new SF. kahit di naka-susi gumagana, pinaglaruan ko sa CASA. pero naisip ko with the way i'm driving these days na may gasgas ang painted sidemirrors ng SF ko, parang liability lang yan sa'kin. kung yun ilaw nga ayaw ko sa sidemirror, lagyan pa ng motor to retract it. imho, pang hindi fit na tao lang bagay yan, yun tamad mag-manual fold at lumipat sa passenger side at mag-manual fold. for me na i always take the stairs from the parking the 2nd floor ng office ko while others are taking the elevator, hindi bagay sa'kin yan

pag nadale ka pa ng mga tiga-"banawe" mas matindi pa, since pipilitan talaga nila kunin pati motor.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    The retractable side mirrors come in handy in "tight" parking situations. Although why park in "tight" areas when it would be difficult to disembark? But it's more for "contingency", rather than the rule. Yun bang, pag wala ka ng choice. Likewise, sometimes, hindi maiwasan na mapadaan sa isang narrow street, and you have to fold the mirror on the passenger's side para makaiwas sa tree branch, or naka-park na pedicab, or to avoid hitting the side mirror also of a parked vehicle. Those are the situations when a folding mirror would come in handy.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Considering their offer, its a go. An SF is a very good car, but its from a class below. Naisip ko tuloy ulit yung Trooper namin na lumang luma na ang design, at least 10 years the Mohave's senior, which has power retracting and heated side mirrors, and think of the greed of Kia's team here. Get a better HU from somewhere else, I'd like a Pioneer head unit with aux-in, 12 disc changer, DVD playability and high wattage installed in that car.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    GM/OB/JEW : There`s actually an advantage that you can get from it. When you're passing through tight streets, entering your tight garage, or avoiding your mirrors from hitting something ... the power-fold sidemirrors comes in handy. Especially, when you're driving alone. Less hassle.

True enough that it may require you " extra-maintenance " in keeping your power-fold mirrors in tip top shape, but then again ... the breakage of the motor is very unusual.

Unless, you do what you`re doing in the showroom units of casa.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Kia Mohave vs. Hyundai Vera Cruz