As it turns out, Kia Tiendesitas was untruthful. Their Kia Mohave variant actually sells at P2.650M brand new. I saw one unit at Kia Pasay (color "red" pa nga) and the lady agent there said the SRP was P2.950M but they can give a "discount" of P300k, which brings it down to P2.650M. But Kia Tiendesitas was making it appear in their flyers that the pre-owned unit fetches a SRP of P3.2 Million (when that price is actually for their 2010 Model, complete with amenities), so with the standard 20% depreciation for a year, it comes to P2,560M, which they are offering at P2.380M at first. So, imagine how happy I was when they agreed to my offer of P2M (although I too was wondering bakit hindi nila nabenta for 1 week matapos ako nag-offer ng price ko).

I thought it really was a bargain to get a second hand unit which only ran for less than 9k at P2M flat. But when I saw the very same unit peddling for P2.650M brand new, I realized I was taken for a ride. Because at P2.650M less 20% depreciation, that would amount to P2.120M, so P120k lang ang natawad ko talaga, tapos hindi pa complete ang amenities (no retractable side mirrors, no audio/cruise control on the steering wheel, no telescopic steering wheel, no iPod outlet/port, no DVD/navigation/reverse camera). I told them, sinayang niyo lang ang oras because I seriously considered buying it, thinking I "got away" with P1.2M less for an SUV that was only a year old and with very low mileage at that.

Now, I have to get back my reservation fee from them. Sorry ng sorry yung ahente sa akin. Moral of the story: Research well, before you buy.