New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    can you give me pros and cons of the two. they're almost of the same price (1.5M+)

I heard good things about sta. fe but remains clueless about Kia Carnival
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kia Carnival SWB ? IMO, i'd go for the Sta. Fe unless you need the extra space that the carnival offers.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ive ridden in the Carnival and it's good. good suspension, very responsive and powerful did ang CRDi nya

yun nga lang if you can endure becoming a soccer mom

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're driving, the Santa Fe is seriously better.

If you're riding, the Carnival has humongous amounts of elbow room and the ride is good enough... I guess it could be softer, but then it would drive like a boat!

Different strokes for different folks. Which of the two is better depends on what your needs are.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi guys,

I have both the Kia Carnival and Sta Fe...

Eto lang...

If I am the only one driving, the sta fe is my choice but if I'm with my family and driver, I prefer the Carnival.

The biggest advantage of the carnival vs the sta fe is the 2nd row. The width of the carnival is bigger so kahit 4 kayo na small to medium built maluwag pa. Check mo specs, the Carnival is one of widest (width) among its price range... kahit fortuner, MS, puro sila less than 2meters.. Almost same width sila ng LC200 namin. Kung priority mo yan, then it can help you decide. Pero kung gusto mo porma and power, the SF is fine.

Lastly, if you haven't ridden a sta fe, you won't be missing much since the 2.9 diesel engine is adequate.. Wala lang siyang VGT. Besides, if you're getting the EX, all power yun pati sliding doors and tail gate. The LWB offers a bigger space so if budget permits and you're getting a carnival, get the LWB.. Mine is the SWB -EX

For me, since we're five in the family, I'll get the Carnival first before the Sta Fe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Hi guys,

I have both the Kia Carnival and Sta Fe...

Eto lang...

If I am the only one driving, the sta fe is my choice but if I'm with my family and driver, I prefer the Carnival.

The biggest advantage of the carnival vs the sta fe is the 2nd row. The width of the carnival is bigger so kahit 4 kayo na small to medium built maluwag pa. Check mo specs, the Carnival is one of widest (width) among its price range... kahit fortuner, MS, puro sila less than 2meters.. Almost same width sila ng LC200 namin. Kung priority mo yan, then it can help you decide. Pero kung gusto mo porma and power, the SF is fine.

Lastly, if you haven't ridden a sta fe, you won't be missing much since the 2.9 diesel engine is adequate.. Wala lang siyang VGT. Besides, if you're getting the EX, all power yun pati sliding doors and tail gate. The LWB offers a bigger space so if budget permits and you're getting a carnival, get the LWB.. Mine is the SWB -EX

For me, since we're five in the family, I'll get the Carnival first before the Sta Fe.
    Um, bro .. baka carnival ?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Kia Carnival LX LWB ba ang kukunin mo? AFAIK the SWB is already phased out.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i go for the Sta Fe..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Won't the Carnival be less economical compared to the Santa Fe due to the 700cc bump in engine displacement? And then there's the driveability of the Carnival... a car that is as wide as the LC200 isn't the easiest to manuever in tight streets... But then again, if you take in a lot of people, it'd probably be the one for you. You might want to get some power upgrades though.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Won't the Carnival be less economical compared to the Santa Fe due to the 700cc bump in engine displacement? And then there's the driveability of the Carnival... a car that is as wide as the LC200 isn't the easiest to manuever in tight streets... But then again, if you take in a lot of people, it'd probably be the one for you. You might want to get some power upgrades though.
    Explain ko lang ng further yung sinabi ko, if you have not tried and tested the Sta fe, the Carnival is a good family vehicle. Regarding maintenance, kung old sf vs carnival, siguro sf is cheaper, pero since bago na engine ng SF, I think pareho na din.

Regarding maneuverability, konti lang siguro ang lamang ng SF sa carnival. Besides, ang liit ng turning radius ng carnival which is pretty good in u-turns. Tsaka laki ng lamang ng Carnival sa tight parking since sliding doors ang pasenger side....

imho, kung family car (5 members), i'll choose kia carnival over SF..