New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have visited nissan and have seen the grand livina. My impression is that it seems a little bit small on the inside especially on the second and third row. Even the SA told me maybe the seating arrangement for 7 is 2-2-3. But I like the interior of the livina and its safety features compared to my carens. But for me its still carens over grand livina.

One more thing the major setback of livina is that you can't fit 9 adults in it unlike in carens I have already tried filling it with 9 or more adults its a bit crowded but they could still fit in it. No complains

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    I have visited nissan and have seen the grand livina. My impression is that it seems a little bit small on the inside especially on the second and third row. Even the SA told me maybe the seating arrangement for 7 is 2-2-3. But I like the interior of the livina and its safety features compared to my carens. But for me its still carens over grand livina.

One more thing the major setback of livina is that you can't fit 9 adults in it unlike in carens I have already tried filling it with 9 or more adults its a bit crowded but they could still fit in it. No complains
    this is what i like about the carens. it can seat 4 people sa 2nd row plus the power and torque of this mpv is very tempting, that's why i'm really incline with it over the livina though the 100k+ price increase is a disappointment.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [SIZE=2]kia carens parin. ang hirap umupo sa 3rd row parang dislocate iyon baywang ko. and iyon tuhod ko nagkapasa sa pagsara ng upuan sa 2nd row. bad experience talaga wala pang headroom. tagaktak pa ang pawis ko sa init. good sana ang aircon becoz nissan ito but the space inside is really ridiculous for an mpv or auv b?:down:[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    With carens 100K price increase... it made me to think twice whether it is still worth to buy carens. Now with a Livina with an attractive pricing, I may need to take a second look at this car.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yup, for carens +100k? I am planning to get GL mid variant on monday. Comparing with Carens LX A/T (mid).
    Cheaper by around 140thou
    with ABS, BAS, EBD, airbag
    better door trimmings (same with Cefiro)
    better FC (14-17kpl)
    no need to install turbo timer
    electric steering
    space? we are only 5 in the family
    less cabin noise
    secured spare tire and covered compartment
    a/c? same with cefiro (air vent on top of dashboard)
    BUT if Carens didn't increase their price maybe I will consider Carens.

SHARING IS CARING.....

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    yup, for carens +100k? I am planning to get GL mid variant on monday. Comparing with Carens LX A/T (mid).
    Cheaper by around 140thou
    with ABS, BAS, EBD, airbag
    better door trimmings (same with Cefiro)
    better FC (14-17kpl)
    no need to install turbo timer
    electric steering
    space? we are only 5 in the family
    less cabin noise
    secured spare tire and covered compartment
    a/c? same with cefiro (air vent on top of dashboard)
    BUT if Carens didn't increase their price maybe I will consider Carens.

SHARING IS CARING.....
    Forgot to mention about the ground clearance, some Carens owner are already complaining of scratches on their "underguard"? Even some are thinking of lifting or putting spacer or replacing their orig mags just to improve ground clearance...no offence to Carens owner...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by welscua View Post
    Forgot to mention about the ground clearance, some Carens owner are already complaining of scratches on their "underguard"? Even some are thinking of lifting or putting spacer or replacing their orig mags just to improve ground clearance...no offence to Carens owner...
    It depends on how an owner drive his/her car, if he or she thinks that the car is an off roader then marami nga syang scratches sa underneath, as for me, so far no complain on the low ground clearance and till now no scratches underneath, i have brought my carens from Bacolod-Iloilo-Roxas and back to Bacolod, it already experienced riding on a ro-ro boat from bac to iloilo and back, it experienced moon like craters when passing PASSI-Iloilo...nope no scratches there.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes, Kia increased their prices only this June. But you can always haggle for a discount. That is what I did when I traded in my corolla 99 XE M/T for a Kia Sportage ( they have a trade in promo, you know ). The trade- in price they gave me was more than enough to cover the fair market value of the car, plus some amount to offset the price increase.
    If the Carens is what you really desire, try talking to a dealer. You might be surprised at how accomodating they can be.
    I was also able to inspect the Carens, nice interiors and strong exterior finishes. The ground clearance however,is less than the sportage which is an important consideration for me, especially now that the rainy season is upon us.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hard choice but Livina for me... I agree you can haggle the price but up to what? It did not become asia's no. 1 mpv for nothing you know.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kayo lang naman nagpamahal sa carens eh..masyado nyo kasing pinipraise!! peace men:peace:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
kia carens vs nissan livina