New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Carens second row is tighter than in the Sportage and Tucson.

If the Sportage feels better to you than the Tucs, that's probably the way to go. I like the interior colors, better, too.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the hard part in choosing is because all 3 are great cars!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    I am choosing between the carens lx versus the kia sportage 4x2, halos kapareho ang presyo. Choosing kia because I will trade in my ride. Di ko pa rin sure kung alin sa dalawa ang pipiliin ko.

The plus:

Carens: +30hp, with 2nd row aircon vents, softer steering wheel feel
    Sportage: Higher ground clearance, better 2nd row leg room, spare tire same as your 4 sets

The Minus:

Carens: Noted to be kalampagin, some friends of mine has complained about aircon problems, 3rd row basically useless if you plan a full passenger load, at least to be comfortable, reserve tire is really small, for emergency use only
    Sportage: Not vgt engine aside from -30hp than Carens, harder (but firmer) steering wheel, the sound coming from the stock stereo system not as good as the carens

Confused....

By the way, I believe the headlights on the Sportage is H4. Anyone knows what is on the Carens? I am sure its not H4.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI View Post
    the hard part in choosing is because all 3 are great cars!
    If you waited long enough this entanglement would be solved by.....the 4x2 Montero Sport. For a little more, you can have

-CRDI diesel with turbo intercooler
    -SUV with 7 seats

Of course, you will end up not buying a Korean. But features-wise, the 2.5L MS is essentially the current "bang for the buck" vehicle for the family.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pero mas matagtag sya than any of those choices above... The way I see these choices the person is aiming for a comfortable soft roader but has the capacity to handle some baggage that a sedan can't.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Atsaka teka muna. Alam ko nag decide na yung TS ah. Kumuha na sya ng Carens!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ung carens naka projector type head lights diba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jm.chan View Post
    ung carens naka projector type head lights diba?
    yes its projector type headlights. h7 bulb type for low beam and h1 for high
    Last edited by valskie01; April 16th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
KIA carens VS KIA sportage VS HYUNDAI tucson