New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Flood fording, sure the Jimny has the advantage. But really, hobby niyo ba tumawid ng baha?

Even if my car can cross 80 cm floods, I still try to find the driest route available as much as possible. No benefit in crossing a deep flood just to boost your ego, since it's such a hassle to check your fluids afterwards.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Actually if ever,Im planning to keep this for a very long time like more than a decade, hence the fixability after the warranty is a big factor...and with this weather we're having, it seems floods will be a frequent occurence...
    That is actually a big factor in favor of the Jimny... cheap parts, not hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Yes, pinakamababa nakikita kong jimny na 2003 manual, nasa 300K.
    Yeah... resale for Jimny 4x4s secondhand is CRAZY! I want one, but they're more expensive than comparable Jazzes!

Wow and I thought the jimny will be the overwhelming choice for this comparison, I just posted it just to get re assurance from the tsikoteer community..malaki rin pala ang cons ni jimny...
    Gotta tell it like it is.

But consider... the Jimny is the Mazda Miata of the off-roading world. It's not the most powerful, it's not the one with the most gee-whiz technology, but it's definitely one of the most fun. Owners put up with all the cons happily simply because the positives and the cool vibes of having one make up for them.

I'm still looking for mine. :hysterical: My dream survivalist garage has a Crosswind, a lifted 98 Hilux and a Jimny.

If you're not looking to survive the Apocalypse... puwede na EcoSport. Drives reaaaally nice, especially with the manual box.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Whenever i see a Jimny, i feel happy. 😀 have never driven one though. Wala din kakilala na meron nito. Pero tagal ko ng crush 😍 😍 😍

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Qwrty matic sana dahil mostly city driving, pero pag nag jimny ka dapat daw manual...

Marsha, yes.. yan din nasa isip ko, just wanna hear the chikoteer's inputs..

Pero may nagsabi opismate ni misis grabe daw ang konsumo ng jimny, 5-6km/L ...totoo ba, thats V6 camry territory
    Matagtag jimny sobra. Parang pick-up na unladen. hehe

Wait ka na lang muna mga 1 year para malaman mo if may problem or okay ecosport. Mas sulit yun imho pero wait for reliability nga of the tranny.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha07 View Post
    ^Hmm. Malamang. Jimny looks cute but its definitely tough. Unless, papalitan na ang kaha ng high tensile lightweight steel... yung ecosport 1.5 if u load it up, hirap na, so baka ganun din ang fc.
    I wonder what the FC of a Jimny is if you load it up? On second thought, how much of anything can be loaded into the tiny Jimny?

*oliver1013, if you don't plan to go off-roading and plan to carry adult passengers in comfort, consider the EcoSport.
    If you plan to go off-roading and care little about rear seat space (or the lack of it), go for the bite-sized Jimny.

Last edited by AG4; September 29th, 2014 at 07:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Interesting Topic

I'm also looking at Jimny (MT) vs. Ecosport (MT)

So aside pala sa wobble ni Jimny (na hindi ko alam kung fixed na) ay mataas pala FC nito despite yung bite size niya

I still want one

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Been scanning ayosdito for the past week, taas pa ng segunda manong jimny...03 nasa 400k more or less..yung mga above 2010 500k pataas pa, and bihira din ang units na available..

Magkano ba ang piyesa at ano ang madalas masira dito? Baka maka tiyempo ako ng may tama...and also meron ba itong certain weakness?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Been scanning ayosdito for the past week, taas pa ng segunda manong jimny...03 nasa 400k more or less..yung mga above 2010 500k pataas pa, and bihira din ang units na available..

Magkano ba ang piyesa at ano ang madalas masira dito? Baka maka tiyempo ako ng may tama...and also meron ba itong certain weakness?
    Check the Jimny thread. Mura mga parts.

I interviewed the owner of the one I reviewed for my last article at k0tse.com and thetruthaboutcars.com... (Rookie Overload of 4x4ph), and the only real trouble spot he could point out (after having had several Jimnys, each doing over 100,000 kms as business service) was the electronic transfer case control on the 06... which wasn't quite water tight and could malfunction off-road (come to think of it, I heard the same thing from tebs here on tsikot a long time ago). Newer Jimnys with the electronic control have better water sealing and don't have this issue. Older Jimnys have a mechanical lever controlling the transfer case.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks niky, so 08 up are improved versions? How do you know that its the electronic version?

Btw meron kaya papayag straight up trade in lancer EX MX 08 to a jimny of the same year model heheh..

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    i got the older one(mechanical lever for transfer case). matagtag sya compared to a sedan but sakin ok lang lalo na kung stock pa spring.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast