New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Fiesta, Jazz, Swift or Yaris? - Wrong Car/Right Car Online

Note luma na itong column na ito pero para lang may idea ang iba kung gusto nila ng criteria ng nagtanong.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Honda Jazz would be a better choice. Had a Mirage, sold it after 8 months, wasn't happy with the quality. The day it was released, there were rust spots in the bumper frame / holder (front and rear).

You might want to wait for the 2015 Mazda 2.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Honda Jazz would be a better choice. Had a Mirage, sold it after 8 months, wasn't happy with the quality. The day it was released, there were rust spots in the bumper frame / holder (front and rear).

You might want to wait for the 2015 Mazda 2.
    Hindi ba mahirap ang driving position mo sa Mazda 2?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Guys need your help! Planning to buy a car this month para maka habol dun sa metrobank car loan promo!

750-850k budget and A/T ito ang choices:
    Vios 1.5g
    Yaris 1.5g
    City V
    Jazz V

Pa indicate ang pros and cons din po! Salamat

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by noobie1234 View Post
    Guys need your help! Planning to buy a car this month para maka habol dun sa metrobank car loan promo!

Vios 1.5g
    Yaris 1.5g
    City V
    Jazz V

Anong purpose mo sa pagbili ng car?

In my case, I am leaning towards the Jazz since I forsee that luggage space will become an issue in the future but the Yaris ain't out yet. I'd still need to test drive both cars to pick which one I'll buy.

If comfort is more important to you than fuel efficiency then get the Sedan type. If parking is an issue, get the hatchbacks. In other words, the car must fit your needs FIRST before anything else.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    For everyday use pang office and since malayo ang office siguro fuel efficiency will be a factor.

I considered toyota kasi mas ok daw ang bigay nila na discount compare sa honda, and maintenance daw, mas mura compared sa honda

Between city and jazz, ano pong prefer nyo?

And pwede rin po ba malaman ang difference ng vios and yaris? Spec wise kasi parang wala ako makita masyasong difference for top of the line models!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    For everyday use pang office and since malayo ang office siguro fuel efficiency will be a factor.

I considered toyota kasi mas ok daw ang bigay nila na discount compare sa honda, and maintenance daw, mas mura compared sa honda

Between city and jazz, ano pong prefer nyo?

And pwede rin po ba malaman ang difference ng vios and yaris? Spec wise kasi parang wala ako makita masyasong difference for top of the line models!
    I am not a car guy. I've driven L300 all my life.

So the way I see it:

If your are after fuel efficiency go with the Yaris Manual. This will become a no brainer if you drive everyday to work. This is the reason the Yaris is still on my list.

HOWEVER, if you expect to haul lots of stuff often then the jazz, with its VERY flexible seat settings (ULT seats), is a good idea. This is the most important selling point for me to get the Jazz. However, since the 2014 Yaris is bigger than the Jazz I just might get the Yaris even if it does not have the ULT seats.

BUT...

Considering that the 1.3 Yaris only has 121 Nm of Torque vs the 145 Nm of Jazz, I am torn between the two. So the deciding factor will be the ride and handling of the cars.

So, Sedan type ba o hatchback? Again, depende din yan sa needs mo. HB mas expansive ang cargo space vs the sedan kasi pwede mo convert and passenger area into cargo space. Sedans, as a rule, are much more comfy sa ride department. So, do you need cargo space or ride comfort?

So I know you do not want an answer like the one I am giving you but ultimately I am showing you how to decide for yourself. Go to topgear and check out their first time car buyers guide para malaman mo ano mga importanteng non-car specific items ang kelangan mong i-consider.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

Vios 1.5g
    Yaris 1.5g
    City V
    Jazz V

Bro I suggest you create your own thread as a sign of respect to the thread owner.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Ng View Post
    I am not a car guy. I've driven L300 all my life.

So the way I see it:

If your are after fuel efficiency go with the Yaris Manual. This will become a no brainer if you drive everyday to work. This is the reason the Yaris is still on my list.

HOWEVER, if you expect to haul lots of stuff often then the jazz, with its VERY flexible seat settings (ULT seats), is a good idea. This is the most important selling point for me to get the Jazz. However, since the 2014 Yaris is bigger than the Jazz I just might get the Yaris even if it does not have the ULT seats.

BUT...

Considering that the 1.3 Yaris only has 121 Nm of Torque vs the 145 Nm of Jazz, I am torn between the two. So the deciding factor will be the ride and handling of the cars.

So, Sedan type ba o hatchback? Again, depende din yan sa needs mo. HB mas expansive ang cargo space vs the sedan kasi pwede mo convert and passenger area into cargo space. Sedans, as a rule, are much more comfy sa ride department. So, do you need cargo space or ride comfort?

So I know you do not want an answer like the one I am giving you but ultimately I am showing you how to decide for yourself. Go to topgear and check out their first time car buyers guide para malaman mo ano mga importanteng non-car specific items ang kelangan mong i-consider.
    Thanks for the feedback! Siguro need talaga i test drive both before mag decide

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Just an observation though - if you are leaning for a manual car, aprang mejo talo ka sa specs sa jazz. As far as i know, the jazz manual is only available on the base variant.

If compared with the manual variant for yaris, i think you get better specs.

I was earlier leaning for the jazz but with their current line up, mejo nakakadismaya as they do not have better variants for manual.

Please correct me if i am wrong. 😣

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast