New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    my officemate is planning to buy her first car with the following requirements:

1. Automatic
    2. Hatch back
    3. Fuel efficient
    4. Low maintenance
    5. Spacious (kasya 3 sa likod)
    6. Budget is P750k

she's considering the following:

1. Mirage
    2. Jazz
    3. Yaris

Need your inputs and insights. What say you?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    792k ang jazz A/T di ba? tama po ba? so lagpas na sa budget. 771k naman ang yaris. so mirage lang ang pasok. hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    pinaka spacious - jazz
    exciting and fresh - mirage
    Safe choice - Yaris

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    792k ang jazz A/T di ba? tama po ba? so lagpas na sa budget. 771k naman ang yaris. so mirage lang ang pasok. hehe
    na consider na ata mga discounts (e.g. fleet), kaya mukhang pasok daw yung budget nya

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    actually safe choice lahat e. lamang sa space ang jazz. lamang naman sa features and price ang mirage. TOTL na, may sukli pa ang 750k

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    for sub compact cars, are they meant to be driven at full-load (5 pax)? di ba kawawa yung auto?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    for sub compact cars, are they meant to be driven at full-load (5 pax)? di ba kawawa yung auto?
    kaya naman nyan. they are not eon and alto. :D

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd go for the Yaris.

It's got the most powerful engine, yet can rival the Jazz 1.3S in fuel economy. Larger than the Mirage, and more respectable too. In stock form, the Mirage looks as forgettable as any other minicar, despite just being recently launched. I find its styling to be more boring than the Yaris'.

Nevermind the toys of the Mirage, the overall fit and finish of the Yaris is still better for me. Plus, since parts are shared with the Vios, maintenance outside the CASA shouldn't be problematic. If you're the type to care about resale value, remember that the Yaris is a Toyota.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    imho safest choice is the jazz. if you want space then thats the car for you. 1.3 engine is already tried and tested to be reliable and fuel efficient.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Jazz and yaris are both good choices, tried and tested na yan dito satin.

Jazz would be the more practical choice, newer facelift. Yaris is still the same..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast