New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Jazz has a slightly firmer ride and seats compared to the Altis...

Honda Jazz: 117 HP
    Toyota Corolla Altis: 124 HP
    Altis for me :D
    The new Altis has a firmer ride than the pre-facelift one.

And power doesn't mean much alone... the Jazz doesn't have as much hp, but it's much lighter than the Altis, so it's just as quick.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    Jazz has a slightly firmer ride and seats compared to the Altis...

Honda Jazz: 117 HP
    Toyota Corolla Altis: 124 HP
    Altis for me :D

5 speed A/t for the Jazz plus Paddle shifter is a plus, jazz for me,
    1 more is the power you are comparing is a 1.5 vs 1.6----- try to consider also their power to weight ratio & Jazz will amazed you

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Altis would be a more sedate and luxurious choice. Fuel mileage should be good with the small engine and employing dual VVTi. Too bad it still uses the old 4 speed A/T, a 6 speed unit could have made it even thriftier. The Jazz is amazingly spacious and sporty, fuel mileage though not as good as its predecessor is still very good. I find it to have a "yuppie car" feel to it, this may be appreciated by some, but may also become a deal breaker to others who would go get the City instead.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Thanks for all your inputs....

seems Altis is a better choice for my needs... Im just not that excited :-( will try to save more and up my budget... or actually wait for more discounts... medyo konte sila mag bigay ng discount sa G model... I guess they are pushing for the V

for now, my budget is limited

Thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... it still pays to go out and test-drive. You'll figure it out once you've driven the Jazz and whatever else is in your price range (BTW... base Elantra is under 800k).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    If you plan on getting the Jazz, be prepared to wait atleast a month for it. I heard there's a long line for it. I ordered 1 last march and until now it still hasn't arrive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
jazz 1.5 VS altis G (both AT)