New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For me the starex is a class below the sportivo. Kanya kanyang priorities lang yan. I love the sound of the isuzu diesel. I feel safe and secure. Sa tagal na ba naman. Maaasahan sa negosyo kung saan nakasalalay kabuhayan namin. Kapag naniniguro kami yung crosswind gamit namin pero pag pasyal lang puede na other vehicles.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pol3 View Post
    For me the starex is a class below the sportivo. Kanya kanyang priorities lang yan. I love the sound of the isuzu diesel. I feel safe and secure. Sa tagal na ba naman. Maaasahan sa negosyo kung saan nakasalalay kabuhayan namin. Kapag naniniguro kami yung crosswind gamit namin pero pag pasyal lang puede na other vehicles.
    Class below ? Hello. 2010 na po.

And what do you love on the sound of the Isuzu engines ? Yung nginig nila ? Yung old school diesel sound. :hysterical:

Maasahan sa maasahan, pero sure ka ba na hindi maasahan ang starex ?

Tsk tsk. Yung relative ko may Starex GRX, andun sila sa Cebu. Ginagamit nila yun pangfarm, pangakyat ng bundok, pagbaba ng city, pagpunta sa malls. Name it. Nasira ba ? Hindi.

Sila, may BMW, but they prefer the starex more. Quiet. Comfortable and fast.

Im not say that the crosswind is suckish, it's just that it badly needs an improvement. Engine. Looks. Everything.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Completely agree with renzo.

It's like you insulted everyone who bought teh Hyundai Starex kapag sinabi mong "the starex is a class below the sportivo".

Presyo palang eh. Ride Comfort pa. Engine power pa.

Meron na bang Sportivo na lumampas sa 150KPH at nakapag 0-100 in less than 10 seconds?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    O ayan nagalit na si sirs renzo_d10 and starex gold. Sa akin lang naman yon kayo naman. Based on MY opinion. Mga life experience yon sa akin. Opinion nga ni sir gltVR starex is a class above the sportivo tapos the looks is not classy at all e hindi naman ako na offend. E kasi opinion nya yon e and I bet madami din dito they believe tha same. Didn't mean to sound like I was dissing other rides. Cool lang guys

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha... Yes the Crosswind is fine, but it serves another purpose compared to the Starex. Its a multipurpose utility vehicle while the Starex is a people carrier.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Kung starex grand starex tci vs. sportivo. I'd go with the sportivo, power to weight ratio lang. Ang because the tci shares the old engine of the starex, correct me if i'm wrong.

Pero kung crdi grand starex, hands down yun na. Yung gadgets madaling add-on, besides malaki patong ng casa sa accessories and they are not the best value for money IMHO

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Grand Starex hands down

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Starex is leagues better at being a people carrier than the Crosswind/Sportivo. It is also leagues more advanced as a car. On the other hand, I don't see anything where the Isuzu is leagues better than the Starex.

I mean, what can you expect from a car with a 13 year old chassis, ridiculously noisy engine that makes less than half the horsepower of the Starex, has no safety features to speak of (whether active or passive), rides on leaf springs that are ridiculously bone-jarring when not filled with passengers, and whose upgrades consists of the addition of lcds on the headrests only.

The Crosswind is a bad car by today's standards. It tries to be the jack of all trades, but isn't. And it isn't a master of anything either.

I would never spend a million on a car that has the same development track as a jeep - purely cosmetic and nothing technological.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    *IMm29-sige, try ko kung mapipiga pa yung budget.

*glntVR-yun kasi talaga ang mahirap pag may trust ka na sa brand. i'll try na GS nalang kukunin namin. pero kung ayaw talaga, no choice na ako. thanks btw!
    You're welcome. Just sharing what I think based on the criteria you gave. Based on what you're looking for, lamang talaga ang Starex. So you should really sell the Starex to them. 80% of your needs fit the starex. Lamang lang talaga ng Sportivo is fuel efficiency but not by much. Even your old Starex would give a more comfortable ride compared to the Sportivo.

If it were going to be used for business or you don't need the comfort, I'd take the Crosswind but just the low end variants. I won't spend more than 1M on a glorified crosswind

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pol3 View Post
    If that's how you see it, then so be it. But personally and like SG and the other guys are saying here, the Starex is a class above the Sportivo.

You on the other hand, are more "traditional" (no offense ha). Some people kasi are medyo old school. Yes the Crosswind is very reliable and efficient but based on the needs of the thread starter, the Starex is clearly the better choice.

If it were going to be used for business, then the Isuzu would be the better choice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Isuzu Sportivo or Hyundai Grand Starex