New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hey to all, just been thinking of hows the performance of the Isuzu crosswind and sportivo? Hows the speed, comfort, and performance? Also adding to the old users of Isuzu, how the a/c on it how long will it last before maintaining it, compare it to Nissan? Thanks a bunch need to know.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Crosswind and sportivo are almost the same. It's performance in terms of power is not the same as what the new CRDi has. It has a bullet proof engine 4JA1, which means it is very durable and reliable, as in! So in terms of speed, its really not that fast, but it can go up to 140km/h like what others say, but the engine is noisy, the turbo is low charged, so it means you can not really get a big boost like what the CRDi with VGTs give.

In terms of comfort, matagtag siya, (XUV versions), pero yung mga maliliit ang gulong hindi naman ganun, pero hindi siya tulad ng kotse. Kasi its for hauling people, pero pag puno hindi siya matagtag.

Aircon? From what the mechanic told my dad the aircon of crosswind is the same as what nissan uses.

But old hi lander, the aircon is still very cool, not the best but it can cool you even it's 12 noon. My friends are always making reklamo and tells me, ang lameg naman. Kahit mainit. Hehe.

Isuzu crosswind?Well all I can say is its tough.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks bro digetel for your crosswind review ...

at its current price at na meet naman nya yung needs/requirement ng buyer, good buy pa rin ba ang XUV or Sportivo?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    why not go for SUV type? like trooper or pajero?

para hindi O.T.

my vote goes to crosswind parin, mas simply at mas astig ang dating nya,kesa sportivo.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    In my honest opinion ....

No, it is not worth it nor worth considering of. There are lots of alternatives out there that is better than the crosswind and much more worth it.

I find the crosswind prices too hefty. May it be the XUV or the Sportivo. And besides, never did I find Isuzu's prices " cheap " . Just check out the Alterra, the Isuzu Trooper's price before etc.

Durability, yes it is one of the best. Admittedly. A true workhorse, I must say. But come on, the Montero is there. The strada is there. I mean, it's time to give the Crosswind the rest that it needs or the change that we are longing for.

In terms of speed, don't expect much of it. You wouldn't get any. Nor it will give you the smiles that you are hoping for. Because it IS slow. At 130kph, I bet if it could go any higher without it's engine screaming to death.

Aircon. I`ve heard that it's not that bad. Pretty good.

That's about it.

Tough it may be. Everything has an end, and I think for the crosswind ... it's already time.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    More importantly, the Crosswind's safety is very very dubious... Yun pa lang I would avoid it...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    for me, there is a misconception that isuzu are reliable and tough. the only reason people are tagging isuzu reliable is because it is a stone age machine and can be easily fixed by common common mechanics. unlike modern crdi engine which involves lots of electronics and computer boxes thereby harder to fix.

for me, isuzu cars belongs to museum and not on roads.

the isuzu crossind or sportivo