New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji_DCP View Post
    After-sales PMS for the Adventure is surprisingly more expensive than similar services of Toyota. I just came from the Citimotors to have our Adventure serviced.

Mitsubishi dealers have very high mark-up on oil/filters.

IMO, the Advie and the Innova come from different class and I think the Mitsubishi Fuzion should be pitted against the Innova. Too bad Mitsubishi did not provide a diesel option for the Fuzion.
    ^.
    the way I see it, Mitsu will not follow Toyota in terms of design changes. IMO, Advie's main competitor is the Crosswind. They both cater to a certain consumers, thus, their design remains utilitarian (AUV). The Innova, on the other hand, evolved and became 'futuristic', leaving its main turf and filled by the Avanza. Some say the Innova is more likely an MPV and its main competitor is the Carens.
    What if there are no vehicles like the Advie and Xwind, is the Innova fitted to be a people mover/ heavy use as public transport?

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    my friend has a d4d innova. im impressed of its power. puno pa kami nun pero malakas pa rin. but he said mas maganda FC ng kanilang d4d 4x4 hilux.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i'd choose the innova since it has a newer platform (better ride and aesthetics), and more updated (more fuel efficient) direct injection diesel engine.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Toyota Innova is a little bit more spacious compared to Mitsubishi Adventure; if you are looking for somewhat like a family vehicle... this were my choices also when I was about to buy a vehicle, but I ended up buying a Toyota Innova J D4D... there are a lot of problems as what they say regarding Toyota D4D, its up for you to experience the thrill, yet for me, up to present, got no bad experience or whatsoever...

the two vehilce's that we are trying to compare has its own reputable brand, its up for you, what you would like to purchase... it is going to be your car/vehicle anyway...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I own an Adventure. For me, an Innova would be a great upgrade coming from an Adventure. Meaning, not same class. Notch higher ang Innova.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    but I assure you, kapag head-to-head sa patibayan ng D4D at 4D56, ewan ko lang kung tatagal yang Thai assembled Innova mo hehe.

Naaasar na nga rin ako sa Mitsubishi, bakit ayaw pa nila magpalit ng old body. Masyado kasing maraming bumibili ng Advie. Next time nga, gawin nalang nilang box yung design, pinaganda pa kasi yung 2010 model kaya bumebenta pa lalo ng malakas. Kahit ano pa ang design ng Advie, bibilhin pa rin talaga eh, ganun ka-reliable lang talaga.
    Hmmm. masyado atang overplayed ang D4D bulok card dito. I think the issue had been resolved with the newer models.

our 3 year old diesel innova is now at 131,000 km.

The innova is a bar above the adventure in terms of refinement, comfort, power, torque, and fuel economy. same conclusions had been made in the crosswind vs. innova comparison.

if you're just in metro manila, the diesel available is quite acceptable for CRDi engines.

but if you like gassing up in less-than-trustworthy stations (yung may mga hinahalong kung ano ano)... then go for the 4D56 or the 4JA1.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayster View Post
    I'm having a hard time on what vehicle should i choose between this two.
    i do like adventure coz we all know naman how reliable it is, but at the same baka mag retiro na to. and on the innova naman i like it coz its a newer model over the advie.

and for me mas ok kung diesel, mas practical, kung innova kukunin ko mag gagas ako. ok ba FC ng innova?

what do you think guys? btw this my first brand new vehicle so i wanted to make sure that i made the right choice.
    Actually same tayo ng scenario before. Pinagpipilian ko ang 2010 Innova J D4D bet. Mits adventure GLS sports 2010. At honestly dati lamang sakin ang Innova. Kasi bagong design at naka CRDi D4D-turbo. Not like the adventure na old school 4d56 parin.

Pero after knowing lhat ng problema ng D4D engine eh nagbago isip ko. At marami nagsasabi kahit yung masbagong innova (2009) ay may problema parin sa D4D engine. Imagine saksakyan na almost 1M ang halaga at wala pang 2yrs eh etitirik ka na....

8yrs na ko nagamit ng diesel engine. And its a 4d56 intercooler turbo Pajero. At so far wla kung na encounter na problema na kasing titindi nga D4D engine...

So if I were you, Go for a the adventure. In the long run madali e maintain, mura ang pyesa, yun lng may kabagalan dahil none-turbo...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Hmmm. masyado atang overplayed ang D4D bulok card dito. I think the issue had been resolved with the newer models.

our 3 year old diesel innova is now at 131,000 km.

The innova is a bar above the adventure in terms of refinement, comfort, power, torque, and fuel economy. same conclusions had been made in the crosswind vs. innova comparison.

if you're just in metro manila, the diesel available is quite acceptable for CRDi engines.

but if you like gassing up in less-than-trustworthy stations (yung may mga hinahalong kung ano ano)... then go for the 4D56 or the 4JA1.
    I know an Adventure 98 model owner with a 300k+ km odo. no overhauls.

anyway, unfair naman kasing ipagcompare yung dalawang sasakyan, in most aspects lamang talaga ang Innova, technology pa lang. siguro yung reliability nalang ang magandang comparison and of course, reliable naman talaga ang Adventure since year 1998. Innova's, madaming happy owners but then again, may mga umayaw na dahil sa itinirik na sila. Pero napansin ko, basta driving hard ka sa D4D, wala namang problem. (ganun kasi yung mga kilala kong D4D owners, they drive their rides hard)
    Last edited by p_borj; February 15th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I've driven a 2008 Adventure GX MegaTaxi Special .

The ride is terrible (as in sobrang tagtag). Lahat ng imperfection sa kalsada damang-dama mo. Medyo malakas rin sa krudo especially pag long drives.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    I know an Adventure 98 model owner with a 300k+ km odo. no overhauls.

anyway, unfair naman kasing ipagcompare yung dalawang sasakyan, in most aspects lamang talaga ang Innova, technology pa lang. siguro yung reliability nalang ang magandang comparison and of course, reliable naman talaga ang Adventure since year 1998. Innova's, madaming happy owners but then again, may mga umayaw na dahil sa itinirik na sila. Pero napansin ko, basta driving hard ka sa D4D, wala namang problem. (ganun kasi yung mga kilala kong D4D owners, they drive their rides hard)
    Apparently, sir fireblade's 2008 innova suffered the D4D choking problem. So there's really no telling who might get affected.

hehe. matibay talaga old school diesels. ranger namin pushing on 233k+ km! wala pa ring overhauls

basta TLC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Innova Vs. Adventure