New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    basta nasa kundisyon ang sasakyan walang problema.. again good condition ha.. hindi yung basta kaya pa tumakbo...

we still have a 2002 model toyota corolla na road worthy.. good shifting, no engine leaks, new tires at hindi dilapidated or puro mods.. just plain stock car
    agree ako syo... pero we all have different definitions of "pwede pa." yung big body ko was sold when it reached 15 years old... in 15 years. twice ako nagpalit ng suspension and shocks. lahat ng kilala ko sabi sayang $$$ ko. pero sabi ko naman, mararamdaman mo yung difference kapag bago yung suspension mo. I think year 12 or 13 yung huling suspension change ko before I decided to sell it (naramdaman kong nagflex yung body nung alanganin inclined parking ko).

hence, a third party inspection (as done in other countries) would be a good barometer to see if a car is still road worthy.

back to topic, if the wifey loves the territory then go for it.. para hindi na hassle mag paliwanag pa kasi hindi mo makukumbinsi yan.. hehe

may good aftersales din naman ang FORD.. mahal nga lang talaga din sumingil.. nung nasira yung speed sensor ng ecosport, halos 10k yata yung bill
    we'll see... I told her its my last choice... I feel na magdadalawang isip sya to use the car kapag napansin nyang mas mabilis maubos gas nya kesa sa akin

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ah yung big body corolla mukhang mahina nga ang chassis nyan.. parang ganun din sa love life eh... yung service vehicles namin na love life may body flex.

pero itong 1st gen altis matigas ang body..

pero kung corolla cross vs territory.. my vote goes to corolla cross..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ah yung big body corolla mukhang mahina nga ang chassis nyan.. parang ganun din sa love life eh... yung service vehicles namin na love life may body flex.

automobile journalists do mention those of weak chassis in their 'glowing reviews',
    "... has just the right amount of body flex..."
    one has to know how to read between the lines.
    heh heh.

i know the 90s sentra has some chassis flex.
    don't know about the 90s corolla.
    but the 2003 altis has tough chassis, in my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2019

The first gen altis were the same body/chassis as the lovelife corolla. (E110)

The following generation (E120) is the second gen altis with ZZ series engines.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    automobile journalists do mention those of weak chassis in their 'glowing reviews',
    "... has just the right amount of body flex..."
    one has to know how to read between the lines.
    heh heh.

i know the 90s sentra has some chassis flex.
    don't know about the 90s corolla.
    but the 2003 altis has tough chassis, in my opinion.
    I gave up on the big body on year 15...

anything will show its age sooner or later. I think 10-15 years is a reasonable time to keep a vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I think early 2000s was when nearly everyone made huge strides in chassis rigidity. It's also when cars got much safer (at least for the occupants).

On some old Best Motoring videos I think the Evo VII was claimed to be over 100% stiffer than the outgoing Evo VI, a lot which was certainly down to the difference between the new Cedia chassis and the outgoing Pizza Pie Lancer.

Just from crash test videos it's immediately apparent how much better 2000-s era cars are compared to their '90-s counterparts.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I think early 2000s was when nearly everyone made huge strides in chassis rigidity. It's also when cars got much safer (at least for the occupants).

On some old Best Motoring videos I think the Evo VII was claimed to be over 100% stiffer than the outgoing Evo VI, a lot which was certainly down to the difference between the new Cedia chassis and the outgoing Pizza Pie Lancer.

Just from crash test videos it's immediately apparent how much better 2000-s era cars are compared to their '90-s counterparts.
    agree, cars now are safer and better made.

pero we can't expect the chassis to be as strong 15-25 years later. kung building nga 50 years lang ang lifespan due to the expected wear sa materials. do we expect our cars na moving to last as long?

On a 20 year (or older car) - without a ladder frame, find a ramp na aangat na approx 8 inch to 12 inch yung isang wheel, then try to open the door.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

that was also the time when mitsubishi partnered with daimler-benz.
    coincidence?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Update on wife's decision making...

Ford Territory is out - after joining their FB group and seeing current problems + F/C we decided to not even visit a Ford showroom (as my wife said, baka maka-gulo pa)

Xpander GLS/Cross is still there in the mix (thanks to its very low price, compared to the other choices). But I told her we have to wait until the new version comes out.

I think the final 2 choices...

Corolla Cross - hybrid. wife loves the looks and the idea that its a hybrid. all her friends (overseas) drive one. road clearance and cargo space is a big letdown.

Innova E (+ reverse camera and sensor, 15K additional from Toyota) - wife loves the fact that the Innova is as tall as her. plus the space. (after seeing the other Innova variants, we feel that the E (+ reverse camera and sensor) is a better deal compared to the G and V.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Innova is the most practical car you can buy. If you don’t mind the zero s3x appeal, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk