New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, stick to Innova and Grandis please. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi folks! well, we made up our mind, we're going for the innova V (in fact, we're on our way out to pick it up sa dealership). thanks for all the input. i'm very happy with our choice (and mind you, we did scour a number a dealerships last week - honda, hyundai, even isuzu) trying to look for a better alternative, but nothing came close to the innova in terms of value/features for money.

I did come close to a grandis, but sadly hindi po ako masyadong na-impress sa exterior. mga 5 pogi points lang sya IMO lamang sa innova (again, my opinion lang po). kung sa interior naman, since i have 2 young kids (boys) siguro ok na rin na di ganun ka-luxurious yung leather seats at baka himatayin kami pag nagkaron ng scratch or rip (he-he)... so i think the innova will serve us well for a number of years, and hopefully by the time we're ready to upgrade to the next level, mataas pa rin resale value :-)

thanks again!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ok, Congrats! We wish you well and that you'll never be hounded by the D-4D defect in case you got the diesel one. :D
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 29th, 2006 at 06:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Good choice! You can never go wrong with the Innova. I hope you got the one with the vvti engine instead of the D4-D because of the latter's unresolved problems.

The material used for the leather upholstery is not that good bec. it feels very stiff which is actually good for you bec. it would be tough enough for your kids not to rip out. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats, as most of us said before, you really can't go wrong with an Innova for your needs

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats! Enjoy!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    mcmc,
    Enjoy the smell(and ride) of your brand new Innova!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    congrats mcmc!!! innova is good and worth the money you paid for. just my two cents, kung may extra money ako and papiliin dalawa, i'll choose Grandis... but again, kanya-kanya tayo ng POV.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good luck with your purchase, and if you get the diesel, remember to follow your maintenance schedule and cool-down time religiously, and stick to the "sure" gas stations to avoid any problems.

Wise choice... and the change you get from the purchase will pay for a lot of home improvements.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I didn't realize it would take me this long but I decided to get the Grandis. I almost bought the Innova. I drove an Innova Diesel A/T on a road trip and it handled well and was actually fast and responsive. But the Grandis has a smoother ride, and is more maneuverable. The discount given was quite significant too, leaving a PHP 225K difference between the published price of the Innova V and the discounted price I paid for the Grandis. The Innova V is around 1.1M for the diesel version. Ang bilis ng takbo ng Grandis and the sportronic feature is a pleasant surprise. The stereo could have been better though. Overall, based on riding comfort, driving ease, space and style, the price difference is acceptable but only because of the heavy discount.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Innova V vs Grandis