New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Syempre hindi tayo sumasagot na parang fanboy na walang ka rason rason diba?
    Ikaw lang naman eh....

*imperialv: Tama ka, hindi na nalalayo pero yung Innova G may ABS/EBD at passenger side airbag.

Ang Tucson GL naman walang ABS/EBD, driver side airbag only. Pero 5 star sa crash test.

At tulad ng sabi ni tidus, third world yung Innova.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chito View Post
    All of the above is less than Php1,050,000 including cash discounts. The Tucson has the least specs (no abs, fog lights, passenger airbags) but I think the best engine and has the lowest fuel consumption of the three plus a 5 year warranty. Initially bent on getting the Innova G Diesel but having second thoughts because I can only afford the manual (traffic sucks!). The Ford Escape XLT has the best specs but based on the ford escape forums fc is 6-7 km/liter. Cannot increase the budget as I would be buying the company car assigned to me. Would appreciate feedbacks. Thanks.
    Gas vs diesel, pinaka-maganda fuel efficiency diyan ang Innova D-4D sir, if this is your primary consideration.

We just acquired an Innova D-4D manual tranny after taking advantage of the favourable trade-in scheme that Toyota conducted at the Tent in Taguig during the intro of the 2012 Fortuner and Hilux. All i can say about the Innova is that the power and torque of the non-intercooled CRDi diesel 2KD-FTV for the smaller-body Innova is more than plenty enough. It shares the same engine with the bigger-size 2.5-litre Hilux G. Fuel consumption is also good to very good.

Peripheral and side-to-side vision for the driver is, however, very poor with the Innova, especially at night time, because of its too slopey windshield side panels. Worse than the poor peripheral visions you get from the Strada or Montysport. In twisty roads, especially at night time, you would hardly notice someone crossing the street unless you lean forward. If you are that type who drives near the steering you may have better chances of seeing more, but if you are not that type like me, then you will have poor peripheral visions. AUV's, SUV's or CUV's that are more quite boxy or not having too slopey windshield side panels like the Crosswind, Adventure, Santa Fe, Fortuner, Alterra have way way better frontal-and-pehiperal visions as a whole.

I don't know with the Tucson gas variant. The Escape, on the other hand, my friend who used to drive this complains about its gas consumption.

Goodluck on your choices sir.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ikaw lang naman eh....
    Hoy laging may valid reason ako for my choices ha, kahit ano pa yan. Sinasabi ko ng napakalinaw yung good and bad parts ng sasakyang yun at kung bakit yun ay, para sa akin, bagay kay TS.

Now, since si TS ay safety minded here are some safety info about the three:
    Escape: NHTSA crash rating 5 star side impact, 4 star front impact, 3 star rollover, ABS/EBD, dual airbags
    Tucson GL: NHTSA crash rating 5 star side impact, 5 star front impact, 4 star rollover, no ABS/EBD, driver's airbag only
    Innova 2.5E: no crash rating whatsoever but at least with Global Outstanding Assessment certification, with ABS/EBD and driver's airbag.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung latest na Innova E D-4D A/T meron na pala ABS/EBD. Safe pick na ito IMO. Yung sa amin dati hindi ako sure kung may ABS na pero may driver side airbag na. Tsaka ok ang hatak kahit A/T.

Tsaka totoo kaya yung GOA body certification, parang Toyota lang may ganun eh

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung latest na Innova E D-4D A/T meron na pala ABS/EBD. Safe pick na ito IMO. Yung sa amin dati hindi ako sure kung may ABS na pero may driver side airbag na. Tsaka ok ang hatak kahit A/T.

Tsaka totoo kaya yung GOA body certification, parang Toyota lang may ganun eh
    It seems yung GOA is Toyota's own in house crash testing program. Not sure how good it will fare against the others, but it has to count for something, right?
    TOYOTA.CO.JP -SAFETY PRESENTATION-

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tanong ko lang if the tucson a/t gl without the abs would be a dealbreaker for you. Pwede ko pa i-consider yung walang passenger airbag pero I think important talaga yung abs. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    It would really be. It should be standard nga eh. Just like the Strada GLX, no ABS.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Malamang tanggal na tucson gl dahil walang ABS. Innova or Escape nalang pagpipilian ko. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang Tucson GL naman walang ABS/EBD, driver side airbag only. Pero 5 star sa crash test.
    I have the same sentiments. The Innova may have ABS and airbags but the Tucson has a good crash rating while the Innova... well... doesnt look too good when i see units involved in highway accidents.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Most practical choice would be the Innova E. Looks dull, though. And ... common.

Between the Tucson GL and the Escape XLT, i'd get the latter. Looks better, has better features ... and it's just way better in every aspect. Not on the fuel consumption thingy though. But forget about it. Be light on the throttle, and you're good to go. And probably, the maintenance is just a bit expensive compared to the GL Theta.

But after I have been in an Escape, it was such a joy to drive ... UNTIL ... the Premium Tucson came in. But then, that's a different story already. :hysterical:

Verdict: Escape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Innova G (Gas or Manual Diesel), Tucson GL Gas AT or Escape XLT