New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    my vote goes to Crosswind and Adventure. look for the ruggedness of a car, 8 ang isasakay mo "MADALAS" tapos ang suspension mo sa likod ay Coil springs at Fluid shocks lang (Innova), madalas kang mag bottom out niyan. The wheel well of Innova is not designed to be big for aesthetic purposes lang. talagang maglalaro ang suspension sa likod kasi malambot. Get the Leaf springs + Shocks combination.

I know magandang car ang Innova (bukod sa toyota mentality) pero sa space (particularly yung 3rd row), suspension sa likod, ruggedness, alam niyo naman na panalo na ang Crosswind at Adventure dito. The TS won't dare to race or drive fast with those passenger loads. Mahirap mag overtake with these rides at around 80kph up, pero kung ganun na rin ang takbo mo, I think mas mabuti pang mag maintain ng ganitong speed.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    why not visit the showrooms and try out the third row seats yourselves? it's free. huwag kang mahiya! that's what showrooms are for: to show you what you're getting! only then will you realize the reality of these third row seats. not to mention the difficulty in getting into them. bring along your intended passengers and fit them in, to see just (un)comfortable they are. and don't forget: people grow. fast.
    when i was choosing my ride, i brought along my regular baggage to see if it will fit in (no kidding!). i told the salesman, "kung kumasya itong bagaje ko, bibili ako". (kumasya. bumili. walang sisi.)
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thank you so much to all of you.. Your opinion are noted and will be given to my father in-law. Ang hirap talagang mamili ng sasakyan. Lalo na if pinagipunan po yung pambabayad. Daming ideas na natutunan dito. Maraming salamat po.. I'll let you know if ano sa tatlo and napili nila.. Ayawa naman nila kasing mag second hand na van. Nadala na sa mga second hand-cars. Kaya ngayon they are looking for brand new na. Sana hindi matiyemuhan ng lemon na unit.. hehehhehe

Sa ulit po. Maraming salamat sa mga opinion nyong lahat.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Sir Roelrpt,

We now own an Innova D4-D, which actually is my wife's new service car. We also have a Crosswind since 2003. We basically come from an Isuzu background (Crosswind and DMax) with some Mitsubishi cars (Monterosport and Adventure). We got the Innova quite cheap and due to a good deal way back when Toyota was introducing its 2012 Hilux and Fortuner at the Tent in Taguig. It was a good deal that was hard to pass. We traded off the Adventure for the new Innova D4-D E model.

While all are 2.5-litre diesel engines, the Innova uses a CRDi engine while the Crosswind's engine is an old but highly reliable 1997 old diesel engine. The Adventure is also using an old-tech engine. The Innova has got more boost-pressure due to its newer turbocharger, while the Crosswind and Adventure are utilising relatively low-boost turbocharger. Therefore, the Innova offers better power, acceleration than the two.

Just remember that any additional power that comes out from the Innova compared to the Crosswind or to the Adventure is largely all about added boost pressure ---- NOTHING MORE. Tanggalan mo ng turbochargers mga yan, pare-pareho lang silang mahihina, kahit CRDi pa ang Innova.... While the Innova is faster and more powerful than the two old-tech Isuzu and Mitsubishi, it's really NOTHING spectacular. In the same context, German-diesels are relatively powerful than the Japanese-diesels of the same engine-displacement because Germans are fond of utilising twin-turbos or dual-staged turbochargers against the Jap's single-turbocharger, where some are even using just wastegate-type turbocharger. Again, it's all about boosting....

Both the Innova, Crosswind, Adventure engines do NOT have intercoolers....

In terms of fuel-economy, all are good.

In terms of manoeuvring manners, all are also good ---- Puedeng mong ipagsingitan kahit saan, kahit pa sa traffic. You can change lanes outright at will with any of these vehicles; it's a point-and-shoot manoeuvring with any of them, precise steering.

In terms of frontal-and-peripheral visions as a driver, the Crosswind and the Adventure offers way way better frontal and peripheral visions for the driver in totality ---- The windshield side-panels of the Crosswind and Adventure are not that too slopey like the Innova. Especially at night time, the Innova has quite significant blind-spots side-to-side when you're the one driving. It's even worse than the blind spots you get from a Strada/Monterosport. The Innova, Strada/Monterosport are trying to look every bit modern as they could but the way that they are sloped-out is just too much. One even looks like an egg!

In terms of durability and dependability, i still do not know as of yet since the Innova is just new (just a tad over the 1000 km break-in mark) ---- However, our old 2003 Crosswind has served us well for the last 320,000 km, and counting, without any engine troubles. It runs the way it has always ran since Day 1 of owning it. We traded-off the Adventure after 134,000 km odo.

Goodluck sir!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Innova e dsl m/t vs adventure super sport dsl vs crosswind xuv m/t