New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mamamia! View Post
    i think tucson is a good choice too but practicality wise... (?)

May I know if you have an idea on Tucson Theta II 2.0L GL MT 2WD's FC? For now, our car's FC is at 8-9 km/l city driving, if Tucson's is higher, we might place it high on the list but if it's otherwise, then it's a NO.

TIA!
    2.0 gas Tucson going 8-9km/l? nasa ganyang figures din po siguro mam pero ayan na po yung controlled driving, so kung medyo agressive driving I assume nasa 6-8km/l in city driving. I don't own a Tucson just to be clear pero ganyan ang consumption ng mga 2.0 cars.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i currently drive a 1996 Lancer 1.5 GL, medyo matakaw na sha ngayon...

i went to hyundai earlier and asked about Tucson 2.0 Gas, according to him, no official reviews yet for the FC however a customer said his consumption was at 9kl/l city driving, maniniwala ba ako?

for now, our choice narrows down to jazz, altis and tucson (that is if it's FC is that good).

maraming maraming salamat po sa inputs nyo!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010

i went to hyundai earlier and asked about Tucson 2.0 Gas, according to him, no official reviews yet for the FC however a customer said his consumption was at 9kl/l city driving, maniniwala ba ako?

for now, our choice narrows down to jazz, altis and tucson (that is if it's FC is that good).

9km/l on city driving? hmmm, pwede/possible pero I assure you mam nasa cruising mode or daddy driving siya palagi sa city (not my type of driving). normal to agressive driving siguradong nasa 6-7km/l lang iyan. a 2.0 is still a 2.0. Tucson owners out there baka pwedeng magbigay kayo ng inputs niyo dito, paging starex gold hehe.

if yan ang mga choices niyo and I am 100% na fuel consumption ang pinakamahalaga sa inyo, then go for the Jazz period.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If fuel consumption is the #1 reason for buying.The Honda Jazz should be at the top of the list.

The Hyundai Tucson is in the SUV-market and most families, once they're past the 1-2 kid stage, would normally get their hands on a proper SUV rather than a subcompact like a Jazz. I don't like the entry-level trim, that's simply too barebones. I'd say proper entry is with the GLS 2WD (Php 1.1m) and if you can stretch your budget some more without compromising much (uhh, 400k anybody? ), I'll go for it.

Then again, 400k is still ALOT. If you think about it in terms of a cash pool for your child's education in the future, you'll go "Get the Jazz, save the money, spend it on your kid" Of course, once your kid reaches proper driving age, you might wanna hand-the-Jazz-down (hehe, ginawang Honda Civic ES )

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Despite the fact that your Lancer is still carbureted and the Tucson is already EFI and is equipped with newer technology, the displacement disparity of half a liter still means that in general, your current Lancer will still use less fuel.

However, from all the feedback I've read, the Tucson is one of the more economical 2.0L cars. We currently have a 2.0V Altis and it averages 7 km/l in mostly short trips in moderate traffic city driving. The Tucson can get around probably 7.5 km/l in those conditions.

Even though I think the Tucson is one of the best value cars, and I believe that everyone in the market for a 1.1M peso car should at least give it a good look, I'll be frank that you really can't expect it to be as fuel-efficient as your Lancer.

That said, if I were in your case, I'd give up a few kilometers per liter for an overall better car. However, if you're not really in the market for an SUV, similarly priced compacts offer much more kit (i.e. Lancer, Altis, Civic, Mz3, Focus). Now if you prioritize fuel economy that much, then by all means go for the Jazz. I'm not a fan of its exorbitant pricing, but it is a good car.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    go for the SUV..... if Tucson is your choice, then follow your heart
    since you already have a car, and you do have a family, as you are no longer a teen, settle for something that would be reliable for your family, why buy another car, when you already have one in the family? try an SUV, anywhere you go, these type of car would fit..... you got one child for now, but how about the near future, when you have a child try to also to think about some luggage and the yaya being brought together with the kidz to help around....

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since you're looking at the Tucson, you might as well shell out a little extra for the 2.0ReVGT variant. Its faster and more economical than the 2.0 gasoline variant. However thrifty the gasoline variant may be, it will never rival the diesel in terms of fuel efficiency, and engine performance as well. Here you get 8 more hp and almost twice the torque of the gasoline. Another option would be a 2nd hand Santa Fe, most of them are selling for around the 900k mark.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
innova dsl/gas vs altis vs civic