New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Congrats on your ASX GH!

BTW, when you mentioned bigger cargo compared to the EX, is that even with the rear seats up, meaning just the baggage area? How about the rear passenger legroom?

Oh, and how's your FC so far?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Congrats on your ASX GH!

BTW, when you mentioned bigger cargo compared to the EX, is that even with the rear seats up, meaning just the baggage area? How about the rear passenger legroom?

Oh, and how's your FC so far?
    Still bigger with the rear seats up. More vertical room. The Lancer EX's trunk is vertically challenged by the full size spare wheel.

Rear seat legroom is spacious somewhat similar to the EX.

FC... last week on saturday to sunday, I was doing 9.8km/L and drove between cubao, mandaluyong, libis, makati, NAIA3 areas.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks GH! Looks like the ASX has become a legit choice for me as well.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Update: Test drove three vehicles at MIAS today; 1.5 Jazz, TDCI Focus, and Lancer EX GLS. The following below are my impressions in test drive order.

TDCI Focus (unrefined, awkward driving position, very firm ride)- There's a bit of jerking at times. Quite audible diesel clatter inside the cabin, perhaps I was expecting a more refined engine. There's something bothering me about the seating position that I can't quite put a finger to. Very firm ride. I don't know if its just the short test drive route but I can't feel that power that I keep on reading in reviews, until I test drove the Jazz. 0% 12-24 mos deals at 50% down.

Honda Jazz 1.5 - Good driving position. Quite comfortable ride, you have to rev the engine to ~2800 rpm to get decent power. Shifting through the paddle shifters not quite instantaneous. NVH not as bad as I was expecting.

Lancer EX GLS (solid feel, great ride, least bumpy on the speed humps, terrible tyre noise, very good driving position) - The best driving position of all three in spite of only tilt adjustment, and nice hugging seats. It feels the most solid of the three, ride firm (like accord firm which is actually nice) but solid feel. Responsive manumatic mode, very very smooth transmission. Its just odd that it has to be at 3rd gear at less than 60kph, the manual mode takes some getting used to I guess. NVH better than both the focus and Jazz except for the tyre noise! The tyre noise is quite dreadful, and the SA, as usual, cannot answer what type of tyres and brand they are using. Aux position is not quite good.

Lancer has the best feel of the three, Jazz is at 2nd place (it feels just quite right) and the focus is just underwhelming.

A test drive of the Impreza, EX-GTA, and Altis should be in order.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Update ko lang in appreciation to the replies I got. I finally bought my car and couldn't be happier. I got the hyundai genesis coupe. Hahaha! Not within the choices listed but decided to stretch my budget a bit. Thanks for all those who replied.

Cheers

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Congrats NeilJohn! If you don't mind, which variant did you get? TIA

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    ^2.0 T entry bro.

Cheers

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJohn View Post
    ^2.0 T entry bro.

Cheers
    So what are your first planned mods for the car? Aftermarket wheels? Intake/Exhaust mods?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    ^ No plans to modify yet. I'll try to keep it stock. The shoes look good enough to me. Perhaps a re-flash if the guy from SFR comes back to PH. But I've read from the GC thread that Autoplus is now doing a re-flash, how accurate is this?

I understand from back reading the entire gc thread that SFR did the custom re-flash at autoplus and canned tunes elsewhere.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Impreza 2 RS M/T vs. Altis 2.0 vs. EX GTA vs. Civic 1.8s