New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    alin po kaya ang mas okey na van sa 2 sasakyan in terms of fc, parts and maintenance

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wala, you're better off buying another vehicle than those 2, the Vanette had such a bad rep during its heydey, the Serena is converted, something I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    thanks po sir ron sa mabilis na reply ganun po ba, ito pong 2 na van ang medyo kaya ng budget tapos yun serena diesel kaya medyo lamang na sa fc

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    How much is your budget if you don't mind me asking. Between the 2, mas bibili pa ako ng Tamaraw FX basta maayos ang kundisyon.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    parang okey po un serena hindi naman kalakihan na van diesel yun nga lang po imported

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm not touching the Vanette. The Serena may be worth considering if you're somehow 101% sure of it's roadworthiness and the cleanliness of it's papers.

But then if possible, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ah thanks po sir gti,baka po may pwede mag comments sa serena

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For the Vanette,- I own a 1998 model,- FC is 6Km/L city and about 7-7.5Km/L hiway - driving style ko iyan...

Parts and maintenance,- the only parts I replaced are :

1 front signal light,
    AC compressor 2x, had one of the condensers moved underneath the front passenger
    Alternator OEM broke down 5 years ago and because of my oversight, as I did not notice that the power steering fluid was leaking on the OEM alternator, and I had a couple of alternator changes after that, so every 2.5 years,- P3,500
    power steering hose (low pressure side)- 5 years ago
    Belts - it has 3 - 1 set-change only six years ago
    Idler pulley - the OEM became noisy only a couple of months earlier
    Replaced the OEM lower portion of the cooling hose five years ago
    Had the OEM radiator overhauled 2 years ago
    Replaced the OEM radiator cap 5 years ago
    Just the regular oil change every 5KKm or one year, whichever comes first; sparks, condenser, contact point..
    Still, a lot of OEM - all of the lights (except for the 1 front signal), coil, distributor, high tension wires et al

No issue driving it,- and it's a real tank for me... Now, if you are looking for better FC,- then, do not buy any of the gas-fed vans... The argument here vs a car is that it can do 6Km/L but can ride 8-10 persons, which can fit in 2 cars doing only 8Km/L each - so effectively 4Km/L - your choice!

“Familiarity breeds awe”
    23.9K:thud:
    Last edited by CVT; August 6th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    what is the specs of the Serena, other than import and diesel? country of origin? Turbo? etc...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you're open to surplus cars, might I suggest you consider Korea surplus instead. Being originally LHD, that's one less major worry off the list.

How much is the budget, by the way?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast