New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Kinda ironic looking at the pricing of the 1.5G A/t now at 765k when i bought mine at 605k in December 2003. If you are experienced using A/T cars, you would find it quite incovenient to use Manual transmission especially with regards to your right hand and left foot. Basically, the tradeoff between using M/T and A/T is fuel efficiency and performance versus convenience.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by acesanbuena View Post
    I DON'T LIKE THE CIVIC ITS LOOK FOR YOU AS A HUMBLE STUDENT. I have seen an ReD 07Civic along U BELT when I across the pedestrian lane the student looks to me for a long second. I said to him you are SO VERY HUMBLE beacuse your ride is CIVIC.

I want to be simple car only. No need to be expensive car like crv and civic. I want only around 649,000-730,000 and 760,000 more fuel to conserve. Before Civic I already interested but our friend in HONDA Service department said that Civic is more fuel consume.
    They called it HONDA CIVIC GAS GUZZLER. Sa sales department lang hindi nila sinabi na Gas Guzzler ang Civic.

*SIR Erick , Thank you for your civic recommendation but I think should I get the only simple car like Vios 1.5G. For me as student my only allowance is only for my lunch and snack only. I never used my 2.0L CRV to fuel my car. Nahihiya nga ako humingi ng pera para panggasolina. I rather to commute than to use my crv going to school.
    The service people were probably talking about the Civic 2.0, which really is a gas guzzler. Most Civic 1.8 owners I know are very satisfied with the gas consumption considering the power.

If fuel consumption is your primary consideration and you prefer an automatic, a 1.3 iDSi Jazz CVT or a 1.5 CVT is your best bet. Toyota's ATs aren't as clever as Honda's. Honda's CVT normally uses about as much gas as its MT. Toyota's 4 speed AT incurs a fuel economy penalty of about 10-20% in traffic compared to their MTs.

A Toyota 1.5 Vios AT will still drink much less than your common 1.6 liter car because it's lighter, and it can get astounding fuel economy on the highway because it's a great engine... but if you drive in University Belt traffic, it won't be as good as an MT or CVT in terms of fuel savings.

If you get a Toyota Vios 1.3 MT, you'll probably be able to match the Honda City's great fuel economy. And it's no bad thing that it looks better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I read the TOP GEAR July issue and there covery story Vios 1.3E A/T.

I'm now confuse of Vios 1.3E with Automatic Tranmission in the top gear magazine. There featured unit is the 1.3E A/T and I now browse thru Motioncars.com website and read on the article in Business Section of Inquierer. There is no 1.3E A/T on the pricing scheme of new Vios.

Based on the Toyota Sales department in Otis. There is no unit for 1.3E with Automatic. Only 1.5G has only Automatic Transmission.

How would you say that is not correct 1.3E A/T based on Top Gear Magazine?

And I talked to Toyota OTIS as my resources. To get some information about the 1.3E A/T and 1.5G A/T. Matic is only 1.5G.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I DON'T LIKE THE CIVIC ITS LOOK FOR YOU AS A HUMBLE STUDENT. I have seen an ReD 07Civic along U BELT when I across the pedestrian lane the student looks to me for a long second. I said to him you are SO VERY HUMBLE beacuse your ride is CIVIC.

I want to be simple car only. No need to be expensive car like crv and civic. I want only around 649,000-730,000 and 760,000 more fuel to conserve. Before Civic I already interested but our friend in HONDA Service department said that Civic is more fuel consume.
    They called it HONDA CIVIC GAS GUZZLER. Sa sales department lang hindi nila sinabi na Gas Guzzler ang Civic.

*SIR Erick , Thank you for your civic recommendation but I think should I get the only simple car like Vios 1.5G. For me as student my only allowance is only for my lunch and snack only. I never used my 2.0L CRV to fuel my car. Nahihiya nga ako humingi ng pera para panggasolina. I rather to commute than to use my crv going to school.
    Yes you do that sir and i have nothing against it but as sir Niky suggested, if you really consider fuel efficiency, then opt for a lower displacement vehicle, your choice is good nonetheless, I've always wanted to have a subcompact like that but then again, technological innovations roam freely nowadays, I don't/won't blame you on not wanting a new civic, to each is his/her own opinion. But I do suggest to you that the common misconception on the i-VTEC R18 engine is somehow different and is being over generalized. R18 is different from the K20 2.0 i-VTEC engine. Anyway, Godspeed to you and your plans sir! Go for the new Vios, looks like a mini camry07.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post
    Yes you do that sir and i have nothing against it but as sir Niky suggested, if you really consider fuel efficiency, then opt for a lower displacement vehicle, your choice is good nonetheless, I've always wanted to have a subcompact like that but then again, technological innovations roam freely nowadays, I don't/won't blame you on not wanting a new civic, to each is his/her own opinion. But I do suggest to you that the common misconception on the i-VTEC R18 engine is somehow different and is being over generalized. R18 is different from the K20 2.0 i-VTEC engine. Anyway, Godspeed to you and your plans sir! Go for the new Vios, looks like a mini camry07.
    Sir Erick, thanks for your good consideration. About the fuel efficient that I concern today. I know the Vios is next month pa ilalabas sa market. What about the City? City is cheaper than Jazz right? Just Asking..

I STILL GO FOR NEW VIOS. Siguro late August or September pa plan for buy a new subcompact. For any feedbacks or any review from any resources like in Top Gear and C! or here in Tsikot maybe. On the NEW Vios is concern.

Sir Erick, Thanks..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Erick, thanks for your good consideration. About the fuel efficient that I concern today. I know the Vios is next month pa ilalabas sa market. What about the City? City is cheaper than Jazz right? Just Asking..

I STILL GO FOR NEW VIOS. Siguro late August or September pa plan for buy a new subcompact. For any feedbacks or any review from any resources like in Top Gear and C! or here in Tsikot maybe. On the NEW Vios is concern.

Sir Erick, Thanks..
    Yes sir, the City is priced lower than it's (almost) twin Jazz. check the site of honda philippines. I think they have a promo this month, you might get freebies too. About the consumption? Jazz has better fuel consumption than the city, better yet, on the 1.3 CVT some say, they hit 16-18 km/L, i still don't know if it's reliable.

Get the New Vios sir! I have friends who have test drove it in singapore, It's way better "daw" in terms of interior space. It looks more refreshed than it's previous version.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sir Erick, ok, I wait for the new vios you said that interior space has improved. unlike on the previous version. I myself ride in VIOS taxi today on the back seat parang maliit ang back interior ng 03-06Vios. And on the front is also masikip at maliit for long stretch of the foot.

I think to get the Vios. Its final. Sana magka Test Drive mo na ng Vios 08 next month. Before to get.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    we we're also in your shoes 2 mos. ago. we're choosing between jazz and vios. although vios is cheaper now because of the huge discounts they are giving, we consider the aftermarket value if we bought it then. depreciation is greater if we could have bought it and i don't like the idea cause baka parahin kami. akalain taxi. we instead bought a 07jazz 1.3cvt and it's consuming 16 to 18 kms/liter. we're a member of one of the clubs of jazz/city owners. the other members said they're consuming the same as ours for cvt and 21 to 25kms/liter for the manual tranny. city is cheaper but the headroom is lower. if you're a big guy, i tell you untog ka! wait mo na lang new vios kaya lang don't be surprised kung makakita ka kaagad ng taxi na new model. joke! joke! joke! no offense!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sir eventhough there are many vios taxi already scattered in manila, i once, is very dissapointed on that matter. but lets look at it in a bright side, its simply the dependable the durability of our car thats why many choose toyota vios. im still proud of having one.... it proves that toyota leads the way than any other brand!!!!!!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    may mga sentimyiento talaga ang ibang mga mayari maging ang mga bystanders... pero nasa perception lang talaga yan ng bawat isa... as long as nakakatulong ito na bigyan ng konting ginhawa ang sarili ko at pamilya ko habang bumibyahe walang problema... at kung itoy nakakatulong sa pamamagitan ng hanapbuhay ng ibang mga nagmamayari, hindi ko na paki-alamanan ang kanilang hanap buhay.....kaya vios na ako

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I'M STUMPED! Please help me: Altis or Vios