New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With the feedbacks, it seems the Focus sets the bar for diesel sedans with the Koreans close behind.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Ford Focus:
    1) 5 star Euro NCAP rating (as safe as it can get)
    2) Best handling in its class
    3) Timeless looks compared to the "trendy" look of the i30
    4) Solid ride and feel (hence the weight but is offset by the monster torque of the engine)
    5) Technically a true blue Euro car since it was created for the Euro market
    5) Best compromise of power and fuel economy in a modern diesel commonrail injection engine
    6) Car of choice by Tuason Racing School

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I saw the new Focus last Sunday. Very nice car. Hopefully they lowered the price to kill the Civics and Corollas.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    FORD FOCUS ka na!

1. Best in Handling (u'd appreciate if u really like to drive).
    2. Best in Ride (Sporty yet Serene over bumps ala BMW).
    3. Best in Power & Torque (yes even faster acceleration than the 2.0CrDi).
    4. Best in Value (2.0TDCi Php1.1M vs. 1.6CrDI Php1.05M). no brainer.
    5. Focus : new Kinetic design have option for the quick shifting 6speed twin clutch transmission. currently i30 in Philippines is only 1.6crDi with 5MT.
    6. ASSEMBLED IN Ford Laguna plant.
    [in this day and age of Global Economic slowdown we should support Philippine made product, so +1pt vs. Korean Import] as it provides Employment to thousands of Pinoys who in turn pay taxes that help run our Govt.

7. Interior wise i30 compared with the older older. but the new Focus also has better interior (though haven't seen one personally) and updated Instrumentation panel. so this is a wash...

Go Focus!, now any update on the Pricing of the Kinetic design. anyone? anyone? anyone? hehe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    FORD FOCUS ka na!

1. Best in Handling (u'd appreciate if u really like to drive).
    2. Best in Ride (Sporty yet Serene over bumps ala BMW).
    3. Best in Power & Torque (yes even faster acceleration than the 2.0CrDi).
    4. Best in Value (2.0TDCi Php1.1M vs. 1.6CrDI Php1.05M). no brainer.
    5. Focus : new Kinetic design have option for the quick shifting 6speed twin clutch transmission. currently i30 in Philippines is only 1.6crDi with 5MT.
    6. ASSEMBLED IN Ford Laguna plant.
    [in this day and age of Global Economic slowdown we should support Philippine made product, so +1pt vs. Korean Import] as it provides Employment to thousands of Pinoys who in turn pay taxes that help run our Govt.

7. Interior wise i30 compared with the older older. but the new Focus also has better interior (though haven't seen one personally) and updated Instrumentation panel. so this is a wash...

Go Focus!, now any update on the Pricing of the Kinetic design. anyone? anyone? anyone? hehe.
    1.149 M introductory price
    i30 is overpriced as its 2.0 crdi version is 2,000 Pound Sterling cheaper than the Focus in Europe see the comparison in 5th gear.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well, it'll depend on your priorities. Even with the availability of 2.0 CRDi SUVs, the fuel economy of a diesel sedan is still superior to a diesel CUV or SUV, due to the lower weight... and against a five-seat CUV, there's not much compromise in usability, unless you go far off-road (in which case you'll want a mid-sized ladder-frame SUV with 4WD, anyway) or are carrying a full set of matched luggage to work everyday.
    I totally agree. No sense in lugging around the city most of the time with an SUV or a CUV (SUV Wanna be). A sedan is a lot better for daily commute. With a 5 door sedan you have the perfect compromise. I hope Honda brings in the 2.2 CDTi, now this segment will be real interesting.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mukhang Ford ang lumalamang dito, kaso mukhang delikado yung kumpanya nila...mag hyundai ka na muna

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Mukhang Ford ang lumalamang dito, kaso mukhang delikado yung kumpanya nila...mag hyundai ka na muna

Ford 2.0 TDCi with PowerShift wins handsdown everybody agrees to that!

Ford North American Operation is in trouble - yes.

Ford Outside Continental United States are doing just fine...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The question remains if the US mother company goes into bankruptcy what will happen to their global operations?

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^onga how does it work ba? may autonomy ba ang Ford Europe sa Ford US? Kung nabangkarote ba un mga nasa US lilipat lang sila ng HQ and fight another day sa mainland? o baka sumunod na rin yung ibang division nila at magsasara na din? curious ako dito kasi muntik ko nang patulan last month yung 999k promo ng escape...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is the i30 CRDI better than the Focus TDCI Sport?