New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Not only better resale, it's much easier to sell 2nd hand compared to the other two.
    IMO when I buy car or anything, never did i think about resale. why?? why resale , meaning hindi mo pa binibili iniisip mo nang ibenta. it's like when you will marry someone you're thinking of divorce.
    Why not just keep the money, deposit it in a bank after 5 years may interest pa, walang depreciation, walang resale, hindi kana maghahanap ng buyer.
    What I'm trying to point out is, when I buy a car I always go for what will satisfy my need, what will give me the outmost comfort .
    Ewan ko ba sa naparaming tao hindi pa binibili pag bebenta na iniisip. pag ganyan mentality natin hindi tayo magiging masaya sa bibilhin natin. We buy because nagagandahan tayo, masisiyahan tayo.
    Maramin sa atin we put seatcovers kasi para daw pag ibebenta mataas ang price, ayun yun 2nd owner ang masarap ang upo sila ang makikinabang sa magandang upholstery ng kotse na sana tayong 1st owner ang makikinabang.
    pero if you thought about it, plus or minus 20T lang ang difference ng makinis at bugbog na car ( same model same year purchase).
    I suggest used your car to the limit and if time comes you want to sell just sell it according to market value, at least na maximize mo ang investment mo.

Celerio for me. maganda kasi siya at mukhang tatagal ang porma. pwedeng for keeps, classic ang dating.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Not only better resale, it's much easier to sell 2nd hand compared to the other two.
    Not only better resale value, mas madali din makahanap ng parts outside of the casa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Vios pa din. No brainer choice.

Come to think of it. Ano ba ang lamang ng i10 1.2L sa Vios J? Foglights, MP3 stereo, keyless entry alarm and then what?

All power na din ang Vios J same as the i10.
    May driver's side airbag din as the i10.
    14" din ang wheels with covers with thicker tires pa nga ang Vios.
    Larger pa ang engine which is more powerful but almost if not as much thrifty sa fuel. Vios has bigger cabin and trunk. I too dont think about the resale IF i'll be buying second hand, pero sa 1st owned car kaya kahit mas gusto ko talagaang Mazda 3, I gave in to a same price yet top of the line Vios na lang. Trust me, since you'll be buying brandnew, mas ok na return of investment yun.

Not to mention better availability of parts and aftermarket accessories, the Vios trumps them both hands down.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Since when? Alam ko gawa sa Thailand ang Vios pati Avanza (may Indonesia yung Avanza but definitely hindi sa India). Baka naman Toyota Etios ang tinutukoy mo.

Btw, to the TS. All power features na rin ang MMC Vios J, plus may driver's airbag din.

Vios for me.

The sales girl of Toyota Pasong Tamo told me so when I was shopping for a car..... but ended up getting an i10 for economic reasons.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post
    IMO when I buy car or anything, never did i think about resale. why?? why resale , meaning hindi mo pa binibili iniisip mo nang ibenta. it's like when you will marry someone you're thinking of divorce.
    Why not just keep the money, deposit it in a bank after 5 years may interest pa, walang depreciation, walang resale, hindi kana maghahanap ng buyer.
    What I'm trying to point out is, when I buy a car I always go for what will satisfy my need, what will give me the outmost comfort .
    Ewan ko ba sa naparaming tao hindi pa binibili pag bebenta na iniisip. pag ganyan mentality natin hindi tayo magiging masaya sa bibilhin natin. We buy because nagagandahan tayo, masisiyahan tayo.
    Maramin sa atin we put seatcovers kasi para daw pag ibebenta mataas ang price, ayun yun 2nd owner ang masarap ang upo sila ang makikinabang sa magandang upholstery ng kotse na sana tayong 1st owner ang makikinabang.
    pero if you thought about it, plus or minus 20T lang ang difference ng makinis at bugbog na car ( same model same year purchase).
    I suggest used your car to the limit and if time comes you want to sell just sell it according to market value, at least na maximize mo ang investment mo.

Celerio for me. maganda kasi siya at mukhang tatagal ang porma. pwedeng for keeps, classic ang dating.
    + 1 ako about resale value... Never considered it when we were buying our first brand new car. Pero sa choices ng TS, i'll stick with VIOS J. Ok kasi ang package nya for that price. Pwede rin naman ang Celerio. Yung nga lang, wala pa masyado feedback. I10? out na. di ko type yung style.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    i beg to disagree:
    vios is made here locally
    avanza is CBU from Indonesia
    i10: i think it's CBU from korea.
    As far as I remember, the i10 is assembled in India, which is why it's cheaper than the Picanto.

Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    the new release of the vios J is already power windows (not pawis windows....that was during the first gen up to before the current release) and also has airbags as well.
    Ah. Then it's a better value than a top-of-the-line i10. But again... apples to oranges. The apples to apples is the base 1.1 i10 (and the 1.1 liter engine is more than powerful enough) versus the Toyota Vios J model.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post

I was saying it for the thread starter not for me. Obviously the buyer is after practicality and value for his hard earned money. Just look at his choices, these are entry level cars.

Don't go talking about me when it comes to being too conscious about resale value. Because the cars we own don't have good resale value and most of them aren't really practical. I use our cars to the fullest and I enjoy them. And I'm not one of those people who buys gadgets and sell them again. Don't even talk about putting my money in the bank. I'd rather invest it in something.

IMO
    Last edited by glntVR; October 20th, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My answer is vios if you ask which one is not like the others... it really depends on your specific requirement like do you really need cabin space? do you need big compartment? do you go long distances more often? is consumption not quite an issue? do you always have more than 2 passengers? do you need speed? if yes then vios is for you

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I hate to say this, pero sa kalagayan ni TS na puro entry level cars lang ang pinagpipilian, better get the Vios J. yes the very bare J. value for money niya ito.

Pero kung ako ang masusunod, masyado na kasi talagang madaming Vios dito so I won't opt for this car. Anyway pera niya yun, so siya naman ang masusunod hehe.

Kung i10 or Celerio lang ang pipiliin, then Celerio na ako. both are CBU in India (yup i10 is CBU in India 100% sure ako), and Maruti-Suzuki is the best/largest automobile maker there.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have the i10 1.1 A/T GLS.

Well, buti na lng ito nakuha ko.
    1. Wala pa akong nakitang taxi.
    2. 5 years warranty.
    3. 13 ++ km/l city
    4. 2 yrs na and no major issues.
    5. So far wala pang major recall ang Hyundai.AFAIK

Sayang at hindi VIOS
    1. Mas di hamak na mas malaki sa i10
    2. Maraming spare parts
    3. Mas maganda ang acceleration
    4. 1.3l engine disp. na cya

Vios was initially my choice back then. But I had a great deal with Hyundai's marketing and overall service. No regrets.
    Lahat ng car makes and models meron pros and cons, its up to the owner kung pa'no cya mag aadjust or tatanggapin yung mga cons.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
i10 1.2mt vs celerio mt vs vios j mt