New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    pwede po bang isama sa choices mo ang subaru forester 2.0?

Subaru Forester is always an option to consider. Even with its outdated 4-speed automatic transmission it still has a great handling. I recently test-drove one.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Subaru Forester is always an option to consider. Even with its outdated 4-speed automatic transmission it still has a great handling. I recently test-drove one.
    the forester has a very nice ride but will lose to the crv/xtrail/sportage/tucson in acceleration. I dont like the feel of the doors too, you get the feeling that the metal used is very thin

i like the ride and acceleration of the xtrail but it looks dated and is a gaz guzzler

so in the end my choices were crv, sportage/tucson. i went with the sportage, suspension is quite stiff but otherwise the best value cuv

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    IMHO the Forester 2.0X is not worth the money. The old 4 speed gearbox robs it of a lot of power and so does the heavy AWD components. And then again, the normally aspirated boxer doesn't have much power at the first place. Being underpowered also means that its a heavy gas guzzler. If its the Forester, it'd have to be the 2.5XT which some say is even thriftier than the 2.0X in many situations.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    mmmmmmm, napapa isip na tuloy ako kung i'll go for the forester 2.0, maybe i'll consider the forester 2.5 or maybe i'll wait the upcoming crv,

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
    mmmmmmm, napapa isip na tuloy ako kung i'll go for the forester 2.0, maybe i'll consider the forester 2.5 or maybe i'll wait the upcoming crv,
    Kung between CRV and FXT, sa FXT ka na. hehe
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    In whatever aspect, variant and what not. At the end of the day, I`ll still pick the Forester.

Somebody can say the Forester is underpowered, but can't say it's undependable...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Somebody can say the Forester is underpowered, but can't say it's undependable...
    I also heard that maintenance is a bit more expensive than other vehicles of the same category.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    can we tabulate the pros and cons of crv vs forester, from ext.,int,engine,handling,cost of maintenance. etc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
i have finally "narrowed" my choices for crossovers