New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
    can we tabulate the pros and cons of crv vs forester, from ext.,int,engine,handling,cost of maintenance. etc
    anong forester? 2.0 or 2.5? also anong CRV? TOTL vs TOTL ba?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    anong forester? 2.0 or 2.5? also anong CRV? TOTL vs TOTL ba?
    yung crv na modulo 2.0 vs forester 2.0, you may also tabulate their top of the line,tnx

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No reason to buy the Forester 2.0 over the CR-V 2.0, which has a better engine, better gearbox, better fuel economy, more seating space and more cargo space.

Well... the ride comfort is better... but Honda has changed the suspension somewhat on the facelifted model. The Facelifted CR-V 2.4 rides better than the old one (Ours is a pre-facelift), don't know about the 2.0.

Biggest gripe with the CR-V is the hard rear seat on the base model... but seat covers fix that.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks for the input niky

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Well... the ride comfort is better... but Honda has changed the suspension somewhat on the facelifted model. The Facelifted CR-V 2.4 rides better than the old one (Ours is a pre-facelift), don't know about the 2.0.
    2.4L is the best engine for the CR-V. Unfortunately, here in Brazil only the 2.0L is currently available. It doesn't actually feel so underpowered, but the 2.4L feels better suitable for a quicker throttle response, being safer for highway driving...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I have a second generation crv with over 125k kilometers. All I have replaced so far are the shock absorbers, some suspension parts and a power steering pressure hose. Thats it. After all the use and abuse I have done with this car, it still runs "almost" like new. There are no rattles inside the cabin and feels solid to drive. With honda, PMS is done every 10k kilometers and I really like this feature and I honestly dont find this car expensive to maintain. I love my crv and have no intention of selling it anytime soon. I also have a montero sport gtv and the PMS is a lot more expensive than the CRV. Sometimes I even think if the savings I get on the fuel of a diesel car is worth the higher cost of its PMS. Given a chance, I would not have second thoughts on buying the current generation CRV. Its not a super crossover but it does what it is meant to do and for a long time.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    No reason to buy the Forester 2.0 over the CR-V 2.0, which has a better engine, better gearbox, better fuel economy, more seating space and more cargo space.

Biggest gripe with the CR-V is the hard rear seat on the base model... but seat covers fix that.
    Subaru recently upgraded the forester 2.0 with a new engine and instrument cluster. Although almost same power pa din wiith the old engine medyo better daw ang FC. Some advantage over the 2.0 CRV of the same price range, aside from the ride and handling, is the amount of standard equipment . AWD, 6 airbags, moonroof, VSC, cruise control, bluetooth, headlight washer my biggest worry about the forester is the TCO, PMS is still affordable, pero pag may nasira, mukhang mahal ang parts.

They are both great and reliable cars, pero kung value for money talaga ang paguusapan, it's hard to beat the tucson/sportage.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
i have finally "narrowed" my choices for crossovers