New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi, im a bit in a dilemma here. The 2008 Subaru Tribeca is about to come out this february and my family is considering on getting one. Well, the boxer engine which is something that you do not see with the rest of the competition however, browsing on the veracruz thread makes me wanna consider purchasing this as an alternative option. I am totally torn and i wanna hear your thoughts or votes regarding these 2 mid sized crossovers.

As always, tsikot has been a great help.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you in the US or abroad?

The Veracruz (here in the Phil), is a nice alternative due to its high-tech CRDi engine. But if you're abroad and don't have the diesel engine option... this would be my choice:

Btw, it just won the 2008 North American Truck of Year award.

:cool01:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    im residing here, makati philippines. sabi kasi sa review mas matagtag daw ang Veracruz compared sa tribeca.

ano sa palagay nyo? how much is a veracruz here?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If fuel economy is not an issue then the Tribeca isn't a bad choice, but that diesel on the Vera Cruz is sweet and economical too.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aling_nena View Post
    im residing here, makati philippines. sabi kasi sa review mas matagtag daw ang Veracruz compared sa tribeca.

ano sa palagay nyo? how much is a veracruz here?
    Hyundai VC's MSRP is 2.79 M php. Dunno if they are giving additional discounts now.

not familiar with Tribeca but VC has garnered favorable reviews from American Car magazines/reviewers.
    it was runner-up to SUV of the Year award from Motor Trend. It was compared head-to-head with the Lexus RX350 and came out on top if not equal.

as has been previously mentioned in this thread, why not give the Mazda CX9 a look as well.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It's CX9>Tribeca>Vera Cruz

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    More power equals more fuel consumption... the Veracruz's huge turbodiesel would be more economical than comparable gasoline V6s, but expect to get numbers like 5-7 km/l in the city instead of the 8-12 you'd get from smaller diesels.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sa jap na, subaru tribeca ako

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Wait muna for the tribeca to be released, do a test drive, same with the Vera Cruz, and if kung may mapupusoan ka, go for it. Suportahan ta ka hehehe (pero ako in all honesty would opt for the Scooby).

Hyundai Veracruz or Subaru Tribeca