New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi guys,

im just a newbie here.... i need some help in deciding... i am soon buying a car... im torn between tucson and carens.... what makes me lean towards carens is its seating capacity.... it's gonna be me and my 3 siblings who will use the car most of the time but for like one month of the year, my parents come home so that makes us 6.....

i got quotations for both, the prices of both will work for me... just want to make sure i am gonna get my money's worth...

help please!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you do need space for 6, go for the Kia Carens:

BUT, if you can live with the hassle of fitting in 6 adults in an SUV, the Tucson CRDi is a good choice too:

I'm slightly leaning towards the Carens as its interior looks more updated than the oh-so-bland Tucson.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    How about Kia Sportage CRDI?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    yeah, i checked sportage too... but if i were to get the sportage, i more likely will choose the tucson... i dont know why.... haha

i was also considering the grand livina but i already got a number of discouragements...haha

somebody told me wala na daw ilalabas na version ang tucson.... - means hindi nga daw okay? dont gang me up for tucson users, sabi lng.... hehe

the seating capacity of carens is what really makes me lean towards her..... aside from the porma na okay naman for that budget range.... kainis nga tumaas presyo ng carens this June....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Besides the Tucson article that mazdamazda posted, I've also reviewed the Carens.

The Carens interior is better, but there are some downsides:
    -the now-higher price
    -low ground clearance and soft suspension, which can lead to scrapes on some bumps. Furthermore, the soft suspension actually makes for less sure handling than the taller Tucson (logically, the lower vehicle should handle better, but from experience with these two cars, the opposite is true)

The good points of the Carens:
    -more modern interior
    -more cargo room, more flexible cargo space
    -much more powerful diesel engine

Despite this, I think the Tucson or Sportage might be the better choice if you can fit in it. But if you really need seven seats, the Carens is the most comfortable-riding and car-like diesel seven-seater in this price range.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty07 View Post
    yeah, i checked sportage too... but if i were to get the sportage, i more likely will choose the tucson... i dont know why.... haha

i was also considering the grand livina but i already got a number of discouragements...haha

somebody told me wala na daw ilalabas na version ang tucson.... - means hindi nga daw okay? dont gang me up for tucson users, sabi lng.... hehe

the seating capacity of carens is what really makes me lean towards her..... aside from the porma na okay naman for that budget range.... kainis nga tumaas presyo ng carens this June....
    Kung open ka sa manual tranny there is one available unit a white LX carens at old price pa so I think it is at 885k only its a good buy. Just contact ace8tan kakapost niya lang kahapon sa carens thread. may cell num din siya nilagay. BTW he is an agent for Kia Signet mandaluyong.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mschumacher View Post
    Kung open ka sa manual tranny there is one available unit a white LX carens at old price pa so I think it is at 885k only its a good buy. Just contact ace8tan kakapost niya lang kahapon sa carens thread. may cell num din siya nilagay. BTW he is an agent for Kia Signet mandaluyong.

hindi ko kaya manual...hehehe... poor driver :-)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hindi ko kaya manual...hehehe... poor driver :-)

So, what did you finally decided on? And how is your new ride?

We are also considering Tucson, Sportage, Carens or GLivina for one of our replacement rides in a little over a year's time....

Just read from lui that they're increasing the prices of Hyundai vehicles next month.... Whew!....

6404:pump:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Tanong ko lang muna Miss(?) Pretty07, how big are your siblings and parents. Frankly mahirap isiksik ang 6 sa Tucson and Sportage. Carens may have the capability but the 3rd row is quite limited space-wise. Ok lang siguro kon ang kapatid mo hindi full-blown or mature adults.

So my suggestion is....consider the KIA Carnival. It is much bigger and taller than the Carens. Pampamilya talaga.

I think Niky did a wonderful review in another site (www.bigbigcar.com). Check it out.

HTH.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys,

im just a newbie here.... i need some help in deciding... i am soon buying a car... im torn between tucson and carens.... what makes me lean towards carens is its seating capacity.... it's gonna be me and my 3 siblings who will use the car most of the time but for like one month of the year, my parents come home so that makes us 6.....

i got quotations for both, the prices of both will work for me... just want to make sure i am gonna get my money's worth...

help please!!!
    in this case, you may need an Innova. it will fit 6 full grown people easily, with lots of room to spare.

or you may also want to think about the Mitsu Fusion.

kung bata lang kasi, ok na ang Carens, pero kung malalaki kayo, baka masikip.

another option will be the Nissan Grand Livina and the Kia Carnival.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; July 17th, 2008 at 04:12 PM.

Hyundai Tucson Vs Kia Carens