New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvblakr View Post
    I am referring to the Tuc 4x2 CRDi base model lang though. Anybody with a CRV who can post gas comsumption in city driving? Medyo yun ang malaking factor why I wouldn't buy a CRV- malakas daw sa gas. I don't hold an 8-5 job eh. Palipat lipat ng hospital during the day consuming around 300kms every 4 days. I think an 9-10km/liter city driving consumption is ok with me coz yun ang consumption ng present ride ko. Higher than that baka mamulubi na ko.

Safety features ok din sana but not a priority coz careful and defensive driver naman ako. I seldom go out of town trips so di rin ako nagspeespeed except sa slex from bicutan to alabang which is my usual route.

Another thing, the CRDi model comes in automatic transmission and with CRDi mas matipid pa rin sa crudo compared with the gas manual ng CRV. Pwede ma drive din ni misis. Hehe! Yun di ang mga consideration ko eh.
    with that as given, mag Tucson CRDi ka na nga lang. Hyundai CRDi is very efficient. I drive a Santa Fe daily sa city. and with all the traffic i'm getting each, nakaka 8km/liter pa din ako sa automatic.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd take a 4x4 Tucson CRDI over the bucktooth SUV anytime.

Patalo kasi ang K24 na makina sa ingay tapos lakas ng vibration (old engine kasi)

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    double post
    Last edited by number001; April 25th, 2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: double post

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    are you sure the CRV is CBU from thailand? btw, hyundai is still selling the tuc CRDI 4x4 kaya lang by order. price is 1,225,000 with less 35k and free 3 yrs lto
    Yes I'm very sure the new 2007 CRV is CBU from Thailand. I saw one with its shipping sticker still on and also confirmed it with the SA.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ahh, sa Thailand lang pala galing yun. akala ko CBU from japan.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ahh, sa Thailand lang pala galing yun. akala ko CBU from japan.
    unfortunately, units from the japanese plant are exclusively for "first world" countries like the US and UK. For the lesser beings like us, we'll have to settle for the "hit and miss" quality from Thailand.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    CBU pala CRV. kala ko assemble lang sa Sta. Rosa kasi nabibigay nila ng mura compared to others (RAV4, Outlander)

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^maybe the CRV is much more affordable bec. its CBU from Thailand and not Japan like the RAV4 and Outlander.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    CBU pala CRV. kala ko assemble lang sa Sta. Rosa kasi nabibigay nila ng mura compared to others (RAV4, Outlander)
    The RAV4 is from Tatara factory (gawaan ng Lexus) while the Outlander is from Mizushima....or Okazaki (dunno).

The CR-V escapes the added tarrifs and duties (gawa lang siya sa Honda Thailand like Accord & Jazz) kaya under the AFTA, they can escape extra payments (which can't be said for RAV4/Outlander).

Since JPEPA isn't approved yet by both houses of Congress (damn politicians are slow), then we can't receive any discounts which are said to be based using the following breakdown:

2007 = 1% discount
    2008 = 5% discount
    2009 = 30% discount
    2010 = No more added tarrif/duty/tax/whatever

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    [SIZE="2"]Jap made vehicle I think is still more durable.. [/SIZE]Contact LUI if you decide to take the TUCSON, he help me w/ my problem w/ my starex even though he is not my agent....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson CRDi 2007 vs. Honda CRV 2007