The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Jinky Pacquiao has a white focus :D

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    If you read the other Tucson thread here, there's a guy who mentioned that he's around 6' + tall and the Tucson was just right for him given his height.
    I think ako yun. I initially wanted, and was about to purchase, a Mazda3 given my budget but also considered the Focus. I just can't seem to fit right in compact sedans so ample legroom was a major consideration. Bigger sedans were out of my budget and so with other SUV's. I even had difficulty getting in and out of a Cefiro or a Camry. The Tucson's legroom and height was just right. I don't have to bend too low nor stretch my groin just to get in. Though I agree with the Focus as a good car. I've test driven it as well and has a lot of cool features. It still seemed cramped though and I even bumped my head while getting out The Mazda3 also seemed to have more legroom that the Focus.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    Jinky Pacquiao has a white focus :D
    nakita ko sa tv black hatch focus un...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i did feel cramped when test drove the focus. the height is just not enough for me. When i sat down, there was just about 2 or 3 inches before i hit the ceiling! and the seats are just not enough in terms of space for me. Though I'd really wants one, hirap sumakay, considering the lower ground clearance than the Tucson. Sa Tucson naman, laki ng headroom sa akin! and getting in and out is a breeze! Although I do admit that it is bare comparing it to the Focus. I mean, the Focus has all the safety features, air vents at the 2nd row, and everything else, while the Tucson is robbed of its rights with safety features, most importantly the airbags. I've also considered the Innova 2.0 gas A/T, but as of the moment, no final decision yet. Focus or Tucson, still don't know, although in the end i foresee myself leaning towards the Tucson, especially with the price difference, but ultimately, i don't know. Anyway, keep those comments coming! I appreciate them!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tucson

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll get the Ford Focus 2.0L Sport. The price tag for this baby is very justifiable considering the long list of features that it has. Good suspension setup, adequate engine, and great styling!

The only thing going for the Tucson 2.0L is its ground clearance.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    nakita ko sa tv black hatch focus un...
    hehe i personally saw her driving their newly bought white focus here in gensan :D parang may tinuturuan pa nga ata magdrive e

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As for provincial driving, I drive my Lynx RS (also a low car) to our farm, and I've had no problems... yet. The types of roads you can't bring the Focus on are roads where you shouldn't take any 2WD vehicle anyway (the 2.0 Tucson is only FWD, so it's almost as prone to getting stuck as a car is in mud).

You're never going to go trail-blazing in a Focus, and that's the only place where you'd have any problems. I've been driving our Lynx over potholes, dirt tracks and the like for over a year. It has less damping and insulation than the Focus, and much thinner tires, and the worst I've ever experienced is a bubbled tire when I hit the lip of a big pothole... but only because the tire was under-inflated (and again, very thin) and I was going pretty fast.

Di nyo ba alam? Rally car ang Focus... Bwahahahaha... :lol:

The Focus has great sound insulation, good safety equipment, dual airbags, ABS so good it makes all other ABS systems feel like typewriters compared to the computer precision of the Focus's system, and good handling. If I were in the market for a gas 2.0 right now, this would be my pick (at least until I get to try the new Civic in person) mostly because of the comfort and safety.

The interior is smaller than the Tuc, definitely. I don't like the swoopy A-pillars, as they make merging a little more difficult than in older cars (they block your line of sight). The driving position can feel a little snug if you're pulled up to the proper driving position, but all the other seats are quite spacious. The rear AC is a plus, though the climate controller's power is average rather than exceptional.

The only thing that's holding me back from upgrading my Ford to a Focus is the AT. Once they have manual boxes, I may think about trading up.
    Last edited by niky; February 20th, 2006 at 12:46 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I love my Tucson! But downside first...I have the 2.0 gas, and the mileage I'm getting is around 6km per liter, though it's brand new and it should improve over time (but most likely nothing drastic). I test drove the diesel and it didn't feel slow like I expected, plus it's a 4wd, so consider that as well, but I didn't because that would be an additional 250k (though at gas prices nowadays you could probably make it up in gas savings real quick.

Other than that, it drives like a good solid, quality mini-suv. Originally wanted a hatch mazda3 (***y) and then was gonna check out the focus, but I just decided I like the stance of a mini-suv. With our traffic I don't like to be buried under the jeeps and buses, at least with the Tucson I can still see what's up ahead. And with it I at least have a fighting chance with its bad-ass stance and width.

I think the focus looks great, and if we're talking highway driving then a sports hatch I would love. But with Manila roads, and even worse out-of-town roads, kawawa lang ang kotse sakin, especially the way I drive.

The best part about the Tucson though is though it feels like a solid suv, it still has the speed when you need it, growls too when you floor it.

Go Tucson baby! And surprisingly (but cool for me) I don't see a whole lot of them on the road.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Tucson does look cool. And the looks are growing on me. Every time I see the one parked outside my office window, I get to thinking... hmmmmm....

I'm going to be in real trouble when I go car-shopping later this year... Mazda3 2.0R, Focus 2.0, Tucson, Civic 2.0, Jazz 1.5... ang hirap mag-isip! :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CVVT or Ford Focus 2.0 hatchback?