New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    forester ako. i dont think its malakas sa gas since its a non-turbo 2.0 engine. plus you dont get the clatter of the diesel engine. and you could always turn it into an STI forester-look in the future.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Forrester but patataasan ko para naman hindi abutin ng flood water and hindi masyadong mag mukhang wagon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    I'd only consider the Forester if it can really get through the rough stuff. If it isn't a true SUV, I'd much rather pick the RAV 4. It looks way better and is more economical. Subarus, in general, are notorious for their gas guzzling, especially the turbo ones.

But among your choices, the Tucson should be better. It's a diesel so it should have more or less the same consumption as a regular 1.6 car. It's also cute and relatively cheap, and by my reckoning, Hyundai reliability is getting better and better. I think they even have a better warranty than the usual Japs.
    the 2.0 gets around 8-9km daw according to my friend while the 2.5turbo gets around 7km/l

plus you got the turbo verson not forfuel economy but for performance

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    If space is your paramount consideration, get the Tucson. If driver satisfaction, handling, 5-star safety ( I actually tested with rear ending a much larger vehicle), and flood-water proof ( I tested a 2001 Forester with engine hood level floodwaters without stalling and water entering the vehicle)and reasonable city driving economy (7-8 km/li), take a 2nd look at the Forester. Until now its as quiet as a 2006 Camry and as reliable as our 2 RAV4s (2000 and 2004 models).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    forester is like throwing your 1M+ money. pag binenta mo na yan, napakahirap humanap ng buyer nyan. like what happened to us in the chevy venture.

mapipilitan ka talaga magbaba bec. few 2nd hand buyers always think of replacement parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Tucson 2.0 CRDI VS Subaru 2.0 Forester X