New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Automahn View Post
    We're also waiting what the Hiace Super Grandia has to offer. Kung between P1.5-1.6M ang price niya, I guess ok na yun. The Nissan Urvan Estate, being sold at P1.528M, doesn't have an A/T option, ABS, airbags, fog lights, third brake light & not even power side mirrors!
    Initial news from the grapevine is the Super Grandia might be priced above P1.6M. But then no final word on that yet.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since your looking for a 12 seater van then the Escapade is it. The maximum seating capacity of the Starex 2006 is 10, but kindly consider this point: The seating capacity of the Escapade is 12 but there is not enough room for luggages/baggage, maliban na kakalungin o tatapakan na lang ng mga pasahero ang mga luggages nila, yung upuan sa likod dikit na halos ang headrest sa salamin ng pintuan kaya hindi mo pwedeng sagarin ang mga bagahe at pagbukas mo ng pintuan sa likod aalalayan mo kasi pwedeng malaglag ang mga luggages sa kalsada, the Starex though it only seats 10 meron siyang reasonable provision para sa luggages sa loob because of its spacious interior. I hope this will help.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
    Have a 2006 Starex CRDi A/T with 10000Km logged. My average Fuel consumption is 6 to at most 7 km/L. Did a little research before buying it. C magazine quotes a 10 city/ 13 highway consumption. It may be due to the 4 speed automatic. I'd like to know how the manual fares in fuel consumption.
    Here is the post that radical is talking about:

I just arrived yesterday from Bicol (Naga City). Share ko lang ang diesel consumption of my 2006 Starex CRDi M/T.
    Tanay, Rizal to Naga City, Camarines Sur - 347 Kms.
    Diesel consumption - 29.37 liters ( Shell Diesoline )
    So, I got 11.81 km/ liter
    The route includes the winding roads between Pagsanjan(Laguna) and Lucban (Quezon), the Tatlong M steep uphill climb between Pagbilao and Atimonan ( Quezon) and the Quirino/Andaya Highway ( 20% of the highway is rough and unforgiving potholed roads).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the Starex, simply because of its ride and it is comfy inside.
    Very flexible ang seat configuration, and not as bad as teh Urvan Estate if ever it will become a daily drive.

OT:
    I think the Urvan Estate or the Grandia (latest models) are more of rental vehicles, because of their size. Being practical as a family man, having a Grandia or Urvan Estate in my garage that I can use it once a month in long drive is a negative ROI. Also it will eat much of space in the garage.
    But then again if somebody will give me a Grandia or Urvan Estate, I'll be glad and say thank you very politely, and then run with the Grandia or the Urvan Estate... :d

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20vanda01 View Post
    But then again if somebody will give me a Grandia or Urvan Estate, I'll be glad and say thank you very politely, and then run with the Grandia or the Urvan Estate... :d
    Nice idea!

But you do have a point, if you don't have too big a brood. The nice thing about the Starex 10 seater, as pointed out, is the flexible seating. You could carry just 5 people, but pull the 2nd row out front and free up the rear for so much luggage

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    12 seater hanap mo. Ganda na din ngayo ang starex jumbo 12 seater. Ganda ng interior & exterior nya compare sa Urvan. Mas maganda din jump seat ng sa Starex compare dun sa Urvan

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i'd go for the starex. very safe ang feeling especially kung wala kang driver.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung 12 seater na starex is yung Jumbo. Pero yung normal na Starex is 9 seater lang po talaga pero comportable and powerful po talaga.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Hyundai starex 2.5 CRDi vs Nissan Escapade 3.0