New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yup, GC na nga mga bro... Di ko ipangalan kay misis yun, kanya na nga nakapangalan ang Sorento namin eh, haha. Salamat sa mga feedback ninyo, now all I need to do is cough up the cash to fulfill my dream of owning a sports car.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    i have similar problem. i'm about to buy a car. cant decide between sonata and genesis coupe 2.0turbo gls for everyday use. im about to changed my mazda3 2.0 since luma na. cant go for 3.8 i feel that engine is too much if i use it everyday... pls help me decide... im still single no family and only 1 car for me i mean not for a second car thank you i hope i could get some help

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *bobby, so it's a toss between the GC 2.0T ( T stands for Turbo ) & the Sonata GLS ? If so, I'd pick the Genesis Coupe if you don't mind having it maintained more often than not 'cause turbocharged vehicles needs more special attention than their NA counterparts. Also, if you don't mind driving an M/T around town with a cracky clutch then, GC it is.

However, mind you that the GC is a bit low & a bit wide. If you find it uneasy driving such vehicles then I'd strongly suggest stay away from coupes ( the Mitsubishi GSR looks easier to drive than the Genesis Coupe ) & if you'd drive off on a meeting you'd have a more executive appearance if you walk off from a Sonata.

My verdict ? Test drive the two ( if both of them are available .. ) then feel the car personally & from then on, CHOOSE what suits you best and buy that car to avoid ANY regrets in the future.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2680 View Post
    i have similar problem. i'm about to buy a car. cant decide between sonata and genesis coupe 2.0turbo gls for everyday use. im about to changed my mazda3 2.0 since luma na. cant go for 3.8 i feel that engine is too much if i use it everyday... pls help me decide... im still single no family and only 1 car for me i mean not for a second car thank you i hope i could get some help

If you are buying the Genesis Coupe, the 2.0T engine is underwhelming in performance. So if you are going to buy a Genesis Coupe, its best to buy the 3.8L version.

So if you are choosing between the Sonata and Genesis Coupe 2.0T, the Sonata would be the better choice.

If you really have to buy the Genesis Coupe 2.0T, then get the M/T.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd pick the Sonata especially since this will be your only car. IMHO its better to be practical. But if ever you should be deciding on the Genesis Coupe 2.0T, at least have a Unichip installed for better performance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Considering all things stock, ilan dagdag sa HP and torque yun Unichip? Akala ko ba reflash lang kilangan ng GC?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'm not so sure as power increases vary from car to car. But for turbocharged cars it will usually be around 20+whp increase.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I see, so more or less 10% din

A reflash would be cheaper if I remember though. Not sure kung saan lang nga nagagawa..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Considering all things stock, ilan dagdag sa HP and torque yun Unichip? Akala ko ba reflash lang kilangan ng GC?
    yeahp & no one will know that your car is " tuned " even people from CASA unless they dyno it so warranty claims is still safe.

also its much cheaper than uni-chip, cost of reflash for the tucson only costs 25k vs. 30k uni-chip although im not sure if the 25k includes dyno tuning which speedlab offers on their uni-chip

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    autoplus offers that *bro jhnkvn

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Hyundai Sonata Premium vs Genesis Coupe 3.6 non brembo