New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    *nels: 16km/l is pretty good already for a 2-Ton car. Sorry, the only reason I could think of for you having that kind of fuel usage, is probably traffic (which I seldom get into) and that you're still not yet past the 10K Kms mark.

Whenever I'm about to approach traffic, my senses instantly give me a matrix of a detour, and yes, I normally take a detour. It's usually farther, but I'm really after saving time and continuous roll. Getting stuck in traffic drives me nuts.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    on board FC reading is accurate for crv 2.0. tried both manual and on board fc reading, same results obtained. city driving, weekdays from malibay to pedro gil via edsa and roxas blvd, back and forth, around 18 kms, i get 9.2 reading, considering the traffic sa umaga sa roxas papunta mla and traffic sa EDSA (from heritage hotel to pasay Rotonda) lalo na ngayon na holiday season. provincial driving, i get 12-13 k/l. not bad. mine is a crv 2.0 black with MT btw.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sonvic View Post
    on board FC reading is accurate for crv 2.0. tried both manual and on board fc reading, same results obtained. city driving, weekdays from malibay to pedro gil via edsa and roxas blvd, back and forth, around 18 kms, i get 9.2 reading, considering the traffic sa umaga sa roxas papunta mla and traffic sa EDSA (from heritage hotel to pasay Rotonda) lalo na ngayon na holiday season. provincial driving, i get 12-13 k/l. not bad. mine is a crv 2.0 black with MT btw.
    Kamusta andar ng MT? Para ba daw X5?

Sa amin kasi AT...... brother ko kasi hirap sa manual eh......

MT din kasi gusto ko....Pero ok na din AT kasi baka pag sa hanging eh makaatras kapatid ko kaya ok na rin......

Nagagamit mo hanggang 6th gear?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    GO FOR SANTA FE,THE NEW MODEL WHETHER IT'S GAS OR DIESEL OWNS HONDA CRV IN ANY TIME OF THE DAY! HONDA IS JUST SO MUCH OVERRATED. EWAN KO BA SA MGA PINOY BALIW NA BALIW SA HONDA, KAHIT SA ABROAD DALI MONG MAKILALA MGA PINOY KASI NAKA HONDA, PARANG YON LANG ANG ALAM. TIME TO BEAK THE HABIT BRO!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Kamusta andar ng MT? Para ba daw X5?

Sa amin kasi AT...... brother ko kasi hirap sa manual eh......

MT din kasi gusto ko....Pero ok na din AT kasi baka pag sa hanging eh makaatras kapatid ko kaya ok na rin......

Nagagamit mo hanggang 6th gear?

can't compare the crv with an x5. wala ako nun e. hehehe. iba hatak ng MT compared sa AT. my wife drives a Rav4j AT, mejo may delay response ng batak pag-apak sa gas. unlike sa MT, bigay agad ang batak. Yeah, nagagamit ko naman 6th gear, at 80 kph, 2k rpm.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Chief,

baka puwede mo ko bigyan ng tips on how to achieve this.
    My SF has just turned 3 months and nasa 3k km na ang mileage.

Parang anglakas sa diesel considering na di naman ako hataw magpatakbo.
    Inoobserbahan ko sya these past few weeks wherein I notice that the P500 worth of fuel takes only 4 days on my every other day use from house to office and vise versa.

Our house is at Santa Ana and my office is at Makati.
    based on my trip meter, this is about 12km round trip.

So multiply that by 4 days then that is about 48km.
    The P500 diesel is arond 13L.

48km / 13L = 3.69km/L.

Well knowing makati, minsan takes time para makalabas kasi angtraffic sobra lalo na pag past 5PM. And I still have to cool down the engine before I turn it off. Usually mga 1minute muna syang idle sa parking area bago ko pinapatay ung engine.

Or is it mas-malakas sya sa fuel on short trips kasi the engine is not yet reaching the optimize operating temperature?

wow man! something's wrong with your SF. lakas nyan ah? my lowest is probably 7-8km/l....hebigat traffic bumper-to-bumper na yon last xmas rush.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Onboard fuel consumption meters are never 100% accurate, becuase they depend on information from the odometer to calculate fuel economy. The only way to check accuracy is by measuring your odometer reading against a GPS based trip computer.

That said, some new vehicles have decent accuracy, with a discrepancy between claimed economy and actual economy within 5%.

RE: CR-V 2.0 AT... I'd say the manual is better, the R20 is a little weedy in terms of torque, but boy, does it love to rev.

RE: recalls, never noticed that... the anti-Hyundai lobby has been to this thread, too...

It's really unfair to base your perceptions of a new car based on experiences with an outdated design... if we were going to do that, then you could say that the new CR-V would be prone to catching on fire (from issues with the previous generation 2.4 CRV in the US), cracking engine mounts (from issues with Gen II CRVs, locally... LOTS of Gen II CRVs) and understeering so badly you should fear for your life (an issue with older CRVs on the stock Bridgestones).

Which would be ridiculous. Sit a brand new CRV side by side with the old one, and while the basic size and layout is the same, there are tweaks to almost every mechanical part visible on the underside and in the engine bay. Personally, despite the lack of torque in the new powerplant, the new CRV is twice as good to drive as the old one.

Sit an old Santa Fe side by side with the new one, and the difference is even more dramatic... sometimes it's hard to believe they're by the same manufacturer. And it's as good as a CRV in almost every way... and much better in some others... as well it should be... it's an expensive car.

So... if Honda can improve... why can't Hyundai?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by megadeth View Post
    GO FOR SANTA FE,THE NEW MODEL WHETHER IT'S GAS OR DIESEL OWNS HONDA CRV IN ANY TIME OF THE DAY! HONDA IS JUST SO MUCH OVERRATED. EWAN KO BA SA MGA PINOY BALIW NA BALIW SA HONDA, KAHIT SA ABROAD DALI MONG MAKILALA MGA PINOY KASI NAKA HONDA, PARANG YON LANG ANG ALAM. TIME TO BEAK THE HABIT BRO!
    Am not a fan of Honda but the CR-V still has something to offer.

For one, if you don't need 7-seats and a diesel engine, the CR-V 2.0L 4x2 is already a decent choice at P1.2M (against the P1.5M tag price of the bigger Sta. Fe). Not a lot of people can *overlook* the 300K difference if they won't need the additional features of the Sta. Fe.

Although for P1.2M+, I'll just get the Forester instead - hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Galing talaga mag-advice ni sir niky.....

Kamusta yung test drive ng MT CRV ng bigbigcar?

Sabi sa akin ng sales agent mas konti daw bumibili ng MT na CRV......if ever daw MT binili namin kami daw 1st customer nya....Kasi puro AT kumuha sa kanya....

Pag nanalo na lang ako sa raffle.....MT sana :bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We don't have a full-length test yet, but I've driven the new CR-V. I really like it, actually. The old CR-V for me was a real non-event... like driving a tall Corolla... the new one handles somewhat better, rides a bit better, and has a good engine. I haven't driven the manual version yet, but I'm seriously doubtful of the ease-of-use of the six-speed box... it has some of the tightest throws amongst new six-speeds. This is the same box that has caused one or two drivetrain failures in the US... as careless owners downshifted two gears too many at speed and wrecked the box.

But most people won't drive the CR-V that fast... and for those people, the CR-V is just perfect. It's so much better that it makes nearly everything else (save the RAV4, which just plain costs too much) in the segment look prehistoric.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe or Honda CR-V?