New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^

Generation 2 yung recall at puro airbag and yung ayaw bumalik sa park sa AT.....

yung Generation 3 ang laban dapat....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IF you'll read the recall it says:

[SIZE=1]Remedy[/SIZE] [SIZE=1] DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FUEL TANKS AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THEM. ALL VEHICLES ARE EITHER STILL AT THE MANUFACTURING PLANT OR IN DEALERSHIPS. NO VEHICLES HAVE BEEN SOLD TO CONSUMERS.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    without the recall and poor recommendation of sta fe, id go for it, probably you can wait for the improved version of sta fe=)

ok crv but personnaly one thing i hated about it is the way it consumes fuel, it seems that it eats up more fuel, though my comparison is with rav4

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ano pala fuel consumption ng crv 2.0A\T and 2.4 pag manual computation

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by forterra View Post
    ANG DAMI PALANG RECALLS NG SANTE FE.

ALL, CHECK THIS OUT!

http://www.lemonauto.com/complaints/...i_santa_fe.htm
    1st Gen Santa Fe naman pala yan e.

Hindi yata lumabas dito sa Pinas yan e.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    test drive both, and feel for yourself why we love our SF

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    1.) Pag cold pa ang engine, I wait for it to reach the normal operating temp before ko itakbo/ihataw. Pag malamig pa, normally takbo ko mga 20-30kmh lang.

2.) I drive fast but not too fast. Due to this, I often coast too.

3.) Stop & Go actually consumes a lot more fuel.

4.) I normally fill up in the early morning or late night, never during the day.

5.) I keep below 2,000rpm, normally around 1800 which is about 110-120kmh.

6.) Your car might be needing italian tune up (take it to 200kmh to loosen the valves. hehehe). I say about once a month.

7.) You can cool the turbo by slowing down upon approach of your destination.

yung brother ng gf ko, reklamo din nya malakas sa diesel yung SF ni GF. Siguro depende lang talaga sa driver.

Important din yung break-in (in my opinion). This will define how the engine would behave for the rest of its service life (unless it was overhauled). During the pre-1000km, talagang we never went beyond 80kmh. When it reached 1,000kms, changed oil, then yun na. Super enjoyable gamitin yung car.

I wonder ano meron sa 2008 model aside from the Logic7 Audio (Harman Kardon or Infinity ito for sure). hehehe.
    Thanks for the reply, chief.
    Actually, I practice all of what you mentioned and still the Fuel Efficiency is poor on short trips and city driving.

Wala naman ako ng concern though sa long drives just like last month when we went to Subic. My Fuel Gauge was pointing at the 1/4 mark so I refilled for P1,000. After the refill, the needle points between the 1/2 and the 3/4 Mark.

Manila to Subic to Manila is about 200+kms based on my trip meter. After the trip, ung needle was just a liitle below the 1/2 mark. So this means it just consumed about half of the P1000 refill and I'd say the fuel efficiency was good.

Let us say that it consumed P500 of fuel, then this translates to about 13L.
    Assuming the trip was 210km, then, 210km/13L = 16km/L. Ok na to considering that this trip to subic has about 20% uphill.

Sa short trips and City Driving lang talaga ako nag-co-complain.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nels76 View Post
    Sa short trips and City Driving lang talaga ako nag-co-complain.
    Mahina torque?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tiboyx3m View Post
    CRV is 5 seater, SF is 7 seater.

No diesel variant for CRV. Pero sa 2.0L na CRV 2WD A/T at 1,270,000 compared sa 1,528,000 for SF 2WD CRDI. Same power output (150hp) but a difference in torque owing to the fact the one is diesel. It's obvious mas mura ang CRV.

CRV 2.4L DOHC 4WD 170HP*5,800 rpm Torque-22.2 kg-m*4,200 RPM Transmission-5speed A/T
    Price = 1,458,000 (brilliant white pearl)

SF 2.7L DOHC 4WD 188HP*6,000rpm Torque-25.3 kg-m*4,500rpm
    Transmission 5speed A/T
    Price = 1,588,000

Warranty = 3 years against 5 years (SF)
    Resale Value goes to CRV
    Looks and Style = Buyer's preference ( personally, I like both in and out )

One of these days, swap kami ng friend ko to compare our rides pag nasa gimik. Iba pa rin yung 1st hand experience kesa haka haka.
    So which one did you ended up buying?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I ended up buying a SF CRDI 2WD 12 days ago. Satisfied so far.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe or Honda CR-V?