New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Having read all the pros of 2-wheels vs 4, if you have enough power and torque, hindi mabayaran ang fun factor ng 4wd. Ito siguro ang reason why Subaru ONLY sells AWD.

And for me, having it is like owning a parachute in a tall building. You probably wouldn't need it, but it's nice to know it's there.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Having read all the pros of 2-wheels vs 4, if you have enough power and torque, hindi mabayaran ang fun factor ng 4wd. Ito siguro ang reason why Subaru ONLY sells AWD.
    This applies to their worldwide models. JDM (kei car) Subaru models are available in FWD.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for all of your sincere contributions. We have analyze our personal requirements and together with your valuable comments and experiences, we have decided to get the 4x2 CRDI variant.

Our main consideration is the total cost of ownership, wherein the economics of fuel consumption and maintenance has a greater impact as per our needs and lifestyle. Perhaps my only regret with the 4x2 is the absence of a front passenger airbag. Opting for a 4x2, left me with extra budget to do some minor upgrades/accessories; However, I do need to be cautious driving on special terrains so as not to miss the 4x4 features.

Hope we finally get to own one soon...

Thanks for helping us decide...Have a nice day!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your decision... regardless of variant the SF is good purchase. :cool01:

bigbigcar.com Review: Ford Everest XLS 2.5 TDCi 4x2

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    we have the same query before choosing a pajero...

yun nga lang ang difference ng 4x2FM and the 4x4Gen3 is about 500k which made us choose the FM at all cost! ehehehehe...

but between the SF's 4x2 and 4x4: it would really depend on how would u really use it... simple city driving and some province trips 4x2 would be enough... if ur an offroader = 4x4 is a must....

check out other differences usually between 4x2 and 4x4 variants in all suvs:
    - airbags
    - leather seats
    - and other upgrades if there would be any

then compute mo sha kung worth it nun additional price for comfort and safety, afterall these would really count in a long run...

congrats in advance for choosing Santa Fe! i wish i had one!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Totoo po bang mababa ang resale value ng Santa fe tulad ng ibang korean cars?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since bago pa lang its hard to say. Pero if I was a betting man, I say these new gen Koreans will give the Japanese a run for their money in terms of re-sale. Of course, I wouldn't be too hopeful that it will have Civic SiR like resale value for sure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 vs. Santa Fe 4x2