New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005

vs.

Which is better?

Actually we already have several '90s era L300 Cab chassis with enclosed shell at the back for delivery of goods. We are exploring of replacing them soon.

L300 are supposedly reliable but the body shell is really prone to rust, even the chassis membrane also. Our fleet has reached 200,000 kms/each in 15 yrs and most are abused thats why after many overhauls later they are still chugging on.

Hyundai is supposedly from Korea.
    L300 is from Rizal, Philippines

Hyundai H100 seem better ergonomically. Quality inside feels a bit better than JAC and KAMA trucks.

Biggest question is its engine. Will this be as bullet proof as the 4D56 in the L300?

One downside if we get the H100 is that, a new enclosed cab must be created for the cargo, whereas with a new L300, we can simply transfer it from the older fleet.

Also any idea on their cargo payload. H100 supposedly can do 1 ton, according to the SA. L300, no clue.

H100 - 598,000
    L300 CC DLX - 543,000
    Last edited by number001; February 5th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest the H100. In this class, I'd be taking anything but the L300. Its just too old. The internals are 20 year old technology already! The H100 has a much better interior and a slightly more powerful engine. Besides, the H100 is the successor of the Hyundai Porter which is a rebadged Delica which, in turn, is the successor of the L300. So it is a much, much more modern car is much worth your money.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Funny....

the L300 Deluxe Cab chassis (short wheelbase) as quoted on the brochure can handle 1045 kg. While the H100 can only do 1,000kg

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not sure about that, perhaps you can ask people who own the H100 about it. My neighbor has one and its the FB version. He's in the foam business and I've seen that vehicle loaded to the brim (though, being foam, that's not likely to reach 1000kg ) and he's transports the stuff to and from far flung provinces. I'd say its a dependable workhorse vehicle. Why don't you also look for other vehicles in the class? Ever considered the NHR instead? You can buy fewer units and load more stuff on them. Since the NHR now is already turbocharged, being short on power shouldn't be a problem anymore.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    the mitsubishi canter is also turbo,mai intercooler pa.. but if i where to chose from the two above.. i would get the H100, i hate the gear shifter on the L300.. have you considered the Kia KC2700? that i know has a very good rear differential.. being a full floating hub version.. it should have a stronger and higher load rating..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    While picking up the plates for the Canter, I noticed the tires on the L300 are now APOLLO. That seems to be a big downgrade from the Bridgestone R623 before.

========

If in the market for this size, the company might consider the Hyundai simply bec. it is not yet known or branded as a smoke belcher (amongst ASBU) vs the L300 or Isuzu.

One note about the L300. Whether its brand new or not, ASBU will always pull you over and each smoke belch test will be positive. Don't pass by Pasig and Cavite if you are on a L300. Our company L300 always fail in those areas, whether brand new or old unit. even if all are well maintained.
    Last edited by number001; November 29th, 2014 at 12:23 AM.

Hyundai H100 Vs. Mitsu L300 DLX Cab Chassis