New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    10km/liter na ang optra ngayon? akala ko nasa 6-7 km/liter lang. If the aveo's mileage is km/liter maganda nayun para sa akin...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Reportedly (search for the Optra Behemoth Fuel Consumption thread), there is an ECU upgrade available to cure the guzzling blues. I'm trying to independently verify this through an acquaintance now.

As stock, though, old Optras still guzzle, and some of the newer ones might still be the same. We're not really sure just yet. It's only when a reputable source reviews the current facelifted Optra and/or Optra Wagon and checks fuel consumption can we be sure of this.

If this "cure" can be properly documented, then hallelujah, there's some life in the old Daewoo... oops... Chevy, yet!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    just an update, my brod had his getz crdi full tanked * 45 liters. 317 kms later, nasa half-full pa yun fuel meter needle. all city driving manila pasig qc san juan. so roughly mga 14km/liter city driving with daily normal traffic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haay, kainggit mga small cars with zippy CRDi engines hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Haay, kainggit mga small cars with zippy CRDi engines hehe
    imagine this: C5 Kalayaan intersection filled with picanto, getz, swift, aveo, jazz, city, vios, jimny and others on every corner ... kahit siguro bumper to bumper, ang luwag-luwag pa din tignan hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Congrats dude! Hehe, inggit naman ako. Really have to work on disposing of my older vehicles so I can afford one.

kasama ba RS sa mga older vehicles na you want to dispose, PM me kapag dispose mo hehehehe (alam kong marami ng nagtanong sa yo nyan but magbakasakali pa rin ako)

sa napipintong pagtaas ng gas, i'm really considering getting a getz crdi. although I'm driving a vios 1.3E na sobrang tipid din sa gas, gusto ko pa rin magpalit kung mas makakatipid talaga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better yet, nasa sidewalk na ang mga tsikot... just like the scooters!

Grabe, okay ang fuel consumption na yan, ah! Just okay, considering it's a 1.5, but great considering the hp and torque it produces. Siguro mas efficient pa siiya after break in and once he's started taking long trips.

EDIT: *Pro Staff: Nope... hehe... what other car can I bring on 6 hour road trips, do 200 km/h in, and still hit 10 km/l with? Though it's kind of thirsty in city traffic (averaging 8-9 km/l), I'm still happy with its consumption otherwise.

I'm trying to dispose of a 626 (still torn about this... nice big comfy car, same engine as the RS... just don't have the budget to maintain so many) and am trying to get a hold of and dispose my dad's 1.4 EX Sentra, Daewoo Racer GTi (I know, I know... ...kind of late for that), among others.

But if you're looking for a speed kick, I know a guy selling his limited edition Civic 2.0 AT (the pearl white one) at just 6000km. With a Fortuner and a RAV4, he doesn't really need it... and he's got his eyes on the new one.
    Last edited by niky; May 17th, 2006 at 12:41 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Staff
    sa napipintong pagtaas ng gas, i'm really considering getting a getz crdi. although I'm driving a vios 1.3E na sobrang tipid din sa gas, gusto ko pa rin magpalit kung mas makakatipid talaga.
    AFAIK, not really a good deal. While it's true that in the long run, diesel will still be cheaper than gas, it'll still go up in price, so your savings won't be great enough in the long run to justify the hit in the wallet you'll get for trading in the Vios... though gas prices are getting high enough that you might be able to unload the Vios at a pretty good price.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    AFAIK, not really a good deal. While it's true that in the long run, diesel will still be cheaper than gas, it'll still go up in price, so your savings won't be great enough in the long run to justify the hit in the wallet you'll get for trading in the Vios... though gas prices are getting high enough that you might be able to unload the Vios at a pretty good price.
    too true.

i've been figuring out what sort of savings i'll obtain by swapping the guzzly (7.5km/L) 626 for a matrix which i estimate at 12km/L and diesel at that.

with the kind of mileage i'm doing, it translates to about 2000 pesos savings per month. which is simply far too small to cover the large initial and continuing expenditure. of course i'd be getting a much much newer car, but what with my newfound respect for Colayco and Kiyosaki, it still really doesn't make sense economically.

scooter lang talaga ang pantapat sa mataas na gas prices. yun nga lang sobrang blue-collar. :P

on a side-note, i've been a bit interested in "tubular space frame" chassis. you know that DIY car idea i had before.. use a Super Carry engine and tranny (RWD at that!) and you have the beginnings of a zippy mid-engine roadster! Smart Roadster wannabe! hahahaha! or more practically, make a tiny city car (Smart Car wannabe) using primitive suspension and cheap parts. i was shocked to learn that Besta shocks only cost 600 pesos each (compared to say 3000 for ordinary car struts). think something like "the owner-type jeep for the new millennium."

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you know niky, there was this fellow on protegetech na pinakarne niya yung 626 niya :D
    nakidlat agad yung distributor hahahahahahahaha.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Getz / Accent Test Drive Report