New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    The thought crossed my mind Sir. Secondary to budget consideration though is space. I prefer to have my cars kept and maintained inside a garage and adding one will already exceed its capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the subdivision you live in allows street parking outside in front of your house, then it would be just fine. We have limited garage space so the other cars are parked on the street outside the gate.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Because it seems that you are not that attached to your car emotionally/sentimentally for now and you also mentioned the age factor... my question is why "just" a Vitara?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Vitara's specs and we were once a satisfied owner of a Suzuki, but why not save a little more (well maybe a lot more) and target a vehicle where you would not double doubt yourself if you indeed got a higher level vehicle. Besides, your Elantra is still working pretty fine.
    If you can afford a bigger CUV or PPV, then go for it. It will surely be an upgrade of sorts compared to your Elantra.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Because it seems that you are not that attached to your car emotionally/sentimentally for now and you also mentioned the age factor... my question is why "just" a Vitara?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Vitara's specs and we were once a satisfied owner of a Suzuki, but why not save a little more (well maybe a lot more) and target a vehicle where you would not double doubt yourself if you indeed got a higher level vehicle. Besides, your Elantra is still working pretty fine.
    On the contrary, I love my elantra that’s why I posted the question here to get “unattached” opinions.

We already have a PPV and a CR-V may be on our horizon 3 years from now. It so happened that the elantra is the one that’s next in line if ever we decide to buy a new car and we found the vitara’s features a good value for its price point, that’s why the consideration.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    para sa kin every sedan is a downgrade, kasi mababa ground clearance

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolivar View Post
    On the contrary, I love my elantra that’s why I posted the question here to get “unattached” opinions.

We already have a PPV and a CR-V may be on our horizon 3 years from now. It so happened that the elantra is the one that’s next in line if ever we decide to buy a new car and we found the vitara’s features a good value for its price point, that’s why the consideration.

Now I get what you mean. To clarify my previous statement, what I mean for attachment is something where you would not sell a car regardless of the reason, something like a keeper until it reaches vintage stage (e.g. a keeping a 90's corolla with more than 400K kms, even if you already have a top of the line Innova and Fortuner).

Unfortunately my opinion is quite medium to long term. I'd rather postpone the replacement of the Elantra, save-up fore several years, and buy the Subaru STi or Golf GTi... or atleast the WRX. Besides, we have different priorities and factors with which we would be happy so maybe the long list of features of the Vitara is enough to justify replacing your Hyundai.

To answer your question directly, I believe the Vitara is an upgrade, but not by much.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ^ di naman keeper car yan sedan na 4 door. kung T86 pa yan pwede pa

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    ^ di naman keeper car yan sedan na 4 door. kung T86 pa yan pwede pa
    Any car with 4 doors and a trunk is called a sedan, whatever size it is.

Some of the best-designed vehicles on the road are sedans - Accord, WRX, Evolution, BMW M3/M5, Merc E-class, etc.

I'd gladly take a Civic or Mazda3 or Jetta over the new Vitara.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12